• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Mileage?

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
i have tires up front that were almost new when i got them and were not recaps. they dont have any dry rot and look good except for being low on tread now. i have been running 70 psi for about 3 years in them now. one thing to note though is the higher psi reduces the contact patch of the tire making in wear a bit faster. i didnt care about this cause the cost of surplus 900 20s on rims is cheap and easier steering is nice

FormerNewMVGuy

I'm with mudlord! Steering with one hand makes me happy,New tires on the front at at close to 70 psi.Ive had mine like that since i mounted em! I run 45 psi in the rears , so they grip it up!

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: Re: RE: Deuce Millage?

wyomingjeep said:
automatic transmission fluid
I know what ATF is, thats why I asked in the previous post if the acronym meant what I thought it did, just never heard of mixing it with Diesel.....

Benefits?

alphadeltaromeo

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Deuce Millage?

FMJ, used ATF is always cheap right...so assume that diesel is $3/gallon, 50/50 diesel/ATF or (UMO, etc, etc) mix will yield your fuel cost $1.50/gallon. Some are running 80% used oil mix.

The multifuel will burn a variety of fuels, so getting oils and filtering them to 5 micron prior to mixing with your diesel or gas would be a good way to go.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Deuce Millage?

alphadeltaromeo said:
FMJ, used ATF is always cheap right...so assume that diesel is $3/gallon, 50/50 diesel/ATF or (UMO, etc, etc) mix will yield your fuel cost $1.50/gallon. Some are running 80% used oil mix.

The multifuel will burn a variety of fuels, so getting oils and filtering them to 5 micron prior to mixing with your diesel or gas would be a good way to go.
Thanks, was just wondering about ATF, Diesel here in Las Cruces is around 3.25 a gallon........
looks like I need to start holding up burger joints for used french fry oil........ :lol:

cbvet

"would say yours is a good candidate for injectors that are not spraying a mist as they should"

Okay, so what does it take to test the injectors? Or is there an additive to clean them that works well?

"timing could be an important issue also and is very easy to check"

Where is the info on setting the timing?
Non-turbo multifuel.

Thanks,
Eric
CBVET

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Okay, so what does it take to test the injectors?
Diesel shops have a test bench they put them on to test pressure, flow and spray pattern.

Westech

CPL
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Deuce Millage?

Yes and the other good thing about ATF is it will lube and clean everything in the fuel system very very well. After a good tank I'm sure anyone will feel the difference. its like Running 40 gallons of injector cleaner.

jatonka

I find the avatar "Me...Your Mom" to be inappropriate for the Steel Soldiers site also. Hard to explain to little guys what that is about. So many of the avatars are very neat and original, Pro Junk, would you consider a new one a little less Risque'? Thanks

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
i got a whole trash can from a friend of mine the other day that was full to the top of old un opened bottles of type F atf in it. i fit about 13 gallons of it in my truck with about 5 gallons of diesel/gas mix and my truck freakin loves it. i cant wait to put the rest of it in there. i might even just start buying atf in cases from advance autoparts. a friend of mine has a little mechanic business outtta his house. he gets a heavy discount from advance and told me i can use his name for whatever i need up there. the savings could be mammoth haha :lol:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks