• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Mods in preparation for 2010 GA Rally

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Next time I order Prime Rib, I'll ask for "faded red"!

I see pink...

RAYZER

well the 900 mile round trip to and from the ga rally in less than 2 weeks has me scrambling to do some much needed maintnence and repairs. today i changed all the cooling system hoses and all belts,drilled and tapped a broken waterpump housing bolt(fun) next will come wheel bearing and seal service all the way around with some tire rotation, chassis and drivetrain lube, change all gear lube,oil and filter change, hook up a inverter and wire some stuff,im sure theres something i left out.I better get bussy! ps: in pic 2 that compressor belt was too short,should be a 17510.

:grd: :beer:

Attachments

Flat Black

spray some dye on those seats and let it dry REALLY well before driving, as it can fade onto your clothes if it gets wet (sweaty) though good dye should not do this.

A pyrometer, more properly a thermo couple (Thermocouples, Thermocouple Products & Thermocouple Accessories) can be placed before or after the turbo, you just need to know what temperature range is safe depending on the location. They can be placed in individual cylinders to see things like one cylinder running hot due to lack of intake and/or exhaust flow for example. (some inline sixes are known for this, typically on the rear most cylinders) Thermo couples can be placed before and after a cat to ensure proper operation (catalytic converters have an optimum operating range where emissions are concerned) and the list goes on.

For a deuce, put one before or after the turbo and learn what your truck is doing under all conditions. If something changes, you should quickly know something is up.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well,

I got my cargo cover back yesterday and threw it on the truck tonight after work just to see how the modification went. I don't have anything secured yet, but it's not too bad. I've never seen too many of them on the trucks up close and inspected them to see how they fit, but it seems to be still about 3 to 4 inches too long. But that's ok, I would much rather have it 4 inches too long than even 1 inch too short!!!! The seams for the end curtains hang down from the front and rear bows about 1 1/2 to 2 inches at each end of the truck when it's centered.

I think I'll call McMaster Carr and order some super-rope for it so I can get it tied down properly before the rally. There is some super rope at the corners and on the end curtains, but just rope on the sides so it shouldn't take more than about 26 to 28 feet to do the remaining little bit.

Attachments

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got it from Auber Instruments in Georgia. On the page I linked, the last display on that page and the first thermocouple right below it are the two I got. They are working perfectly and for less then $100 for the pair, it's hard to beat.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks