• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Mud Run Advice Needed

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rizzo, I refer to that as a self correcting error. Once you have a thumb jambed or worse, you won''t let it happen again. I also have a problem with the left elbow vs left door.

disco

Is it practical or feasible to add a steering damper? I would imagine the shock would have to be pretty hefty to have any effect.

FSBruva

m38--

Your axle boots are leaking... what are they leaking? Grease isn't a lube that "leaks" - it usually "oozes" ... unless it has some help from some 90w GO.... While you've got it apart, buy the inner axle seals (and perhaps bearings for both sides) and perhaps some wheel cylinder rebuilt kits. Don't ask me how I know.

Matt

CanonNinja

disco said:
Here's my stuck picture. The ground looks deceivingly firm. To complicate matters, it rained a few times after I got it stuck. Of course the axle boot on that side is torn. My seal kit came in last Friday.

This of course is good justification for a winch and bigger tires! But the new seals and paint is next.

Post up pics from the mud run!

Holy moly!

Oh wow, another Spring area MVer... cool!

disco

My poor neglected truck. It's gonna be a while before I can actually drive it. My work schedule isn't very cooperative. Being on the bottom of the seniority list isn't conducive to getting your chores and projects done.