• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce not recognized by traffic lights.

Joeinderry

Anyone know the reason why my deuce will not be recognized by street lights? Sick of sitting at red lights until another car comes along. Any way to fix this problem? Thanks for your help.

ranchhopper

Most usually get triggered by electric impulses a sensor wire detects when coming up to a light usually a square shaped spot in the middle of the lane with a wire sealed in by some kind of tar. Since your deuce is a mechanically run engine and does not require any electric you need to get your truck engine bay as close as you can over that spot maybe flashing your headlights or hitting your brakes to get the lights to go on.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One trick motorcycle guys use is a strong magnet mounted on the lower part of the frame. I haven't noticed traffic lights not changing for deuce.

Actually I have seen trucks that are high off the ground to trigger the sensor wire. You may try moving back and forth or target the sensor lines with your tire. If that doesn't work, you may have to buy a magnetic field generator, like they those used on a bike. If its the overhead sensors, maybe a flashlight pointed at the sensor.

212sparky

The lights change by a change in current due to the steel in the vehicle. You may have a bad sensor or not setting over it. I hate fixing sensors, once epoxied in they are done.

saddamsnightmare

October 15th, 2012.

Congratulations Joeinderry:

You have just learned the horrible secret of owning a deuce... You ARE invisible to many inductance circuit stop light controllers, NO it's not due to your diesel engine, Yes, your vehicle sits too high to generate the necessary signals.....:eek:! The solution, chop and drop your deuce until its 2" off the pavement to your axles!:shock:
I could have warned you about that when I owned a deuce, now Unimogs, heck they are undetectable as we sit much higer then your deuce does... Theses a stoplight here in Springfield that if I can't find a car to get on that loop before I do, I might as well get my social security checks mailed there as I will be there for the next twenty years! Perhaps a very small thermonuclear bomb attached to your front axled that can be detonated on command may get you through that light in this century?:?

212sparky

They had to keep replacing loops out side my apartment because some ahole kept driving 4" deck screws through the loop because it would never change. Not sure who would do such a thing but now we have thermal detectors and sit there for 45 seconds and it changes. :rolleyes:

shannondeese

I can trigger about half the lights around me in San Diego and none on Camp Pendleton. I have tried rocking back and forth, backing up and moving over. None of it works though. So I end up sitting waiting for a car to pull in behind me.

stumps

I can trigger about half the lights around me in San Diego and none on Camp Pendleton. I have tried rocking back and forth, backing up and moving over. None of it works though. So I end up sitting waiting for a car to pull in behind me.
There should be enough steel in your wheels to trigger the sensor, try approaching the sensor a little out of your lane.

-Chuck

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What I do is just pour a 5 lb can of BB gun BB's out.. It's alot of fun and it always trips the light. I have a *bin mounted under the Duce that holds 50lb's of BB's. Every time they go on sale I buy a bunch of them.

K9Vic

Just make right turns and a u turn and a right turn again, problem solved. Or jump out and hit the walk button. I have actually done the walk button before on my Motorcycle.

Here in Texas they are going to these IR camera sensors that "see" traffic and will change the light. This help to resolve the problems with those ground circuit sensors and work well when they are maintained right. The main problem with these is that sun light at certain times of the day throw it off and will not work. They need to be at the right angle to see traffic at night as well. So a large high truck may not trigger the sensor and you are stuck there. However these truly are the intersections where flashing your bright lights will work. It is not the flash that does it, but the higher output of light to the camera. Generally I will turn on my bright lights when I get to light as long as there is no other traffic. If it does not change within a reasonable time I use other methods. On my Tahoe as it a police package I have a side mounted spot light and there are a few places the camera works for crap. So I just shine my spot light at the camera and it changes the light.

Anyways the only way to deal with these wired circuit intersections is to drive on the line if you see it with your wheels. This is what I always do with my motorcycle, but these new camera sensor intersections do work well to see motorcycles (as long as they are tuned right). Or try adding a big magnet as low as you can get it, old speakers are great for this.

welldigger

Huh, I always thought it was the weight of the vehicle that tripped the light.....I came to this conclusion since I ride motorcycles. Learned something new today.

jdknech

my k1500 chevy does this too... if I'm in the deuce, ill make sure nobodys coming and just go.. (after i've waited a few min..) but just thinking out-loud... what if you took a big bass speaker magnet (that you took from the honda down the street that gives you a headach everytime it goes by:whistle::twisted:) and attached it to the front axle on the bottom side.. would this do anything?