• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce power steering kit

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No one is ever happy about competition in the marketplace. Most folks I know bought them direct from Maradyne but thats going back many years. Direct they were around $800 plus the ride. Many times I wished I could have afforded one of them at the time. Perhaps now is my chance to buy 2 kits.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mark, I would think this will seriously hurt his (APB's) business. I am not sure how much overhead he has, or how many of the various parts/kits he sells, but this may lead him to close up shop. He most likely won't sell a power steering kit for a while. I actually thought he might go hard for a few lots. I know I would have if I were him just to preserve his business.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With that many units coming out at once it would have been tough to keep the market from flooding. Arthur is just a regular guy without the deep corporate pockets it would require to slow down the market flood. With that said I think his "exclusive" claims to the air steering and lockout hub market may have been a little exaggerated.

rtl434

Its a relatively small market to begin with and now with over 400 units out there it will be interesting to watch. I bought one lot but can use all 20 if necessary, looks like the Veterans have set the early resale price.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Everyone needs to read page 8. Vietnam Veterans are selling their lot at $650 plus shipping. Doesn't do any good to keep asking whose selling them if you don't take the time to read the posts.

grounded

Banned
Everyone needs to read page 4. Vietnam Veterans are selling their lot at $650 plus shipping. Doesn't do any good to keep asking whose selling them if you don't take the time to read the posts.

fixed it for ya rofl...

if they gotta read page 8 everyones going to be waiting for a while..

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
fixed it for ya rofl...

if they gotta read page 8 everyones going to be waiting for a while..
And, depending on your preferences, page 4 will take a while, too. This is page 3 for me, because I choose to have lots of replies on a page...:wink:

tm america

i want to put power steering on my truck . looking to go hydro, a guy i know has air o matic on his truck he was braggin how easy it was to turn :?:i got in turned the wheel it felt like the tires were at 70 psi no power steering .1800 for a kit is a waist of money :cry:a strong wind hitting your tire will help about as much as one of those set ups.. i got one for sale for 2000 bucks its called wind o matic and its easy to hook up installs with the tools that were in your tool kit you got when you bought your truck:-D

jimmcld

I'm afraid that we may have more requests than we have kits. I am asking all of those who have contacted us to send us a check and we will put your name on the list in the order that the check is received.

By the way, if you think that they are too cheap, add a few hundred dollars. We are a non-profit organization and always accept donations.

Thanks to everyone for all the interest. It was quite a gamble putting up that amount of money in the hopes that we could sell the ones we didn't need. It appears that our worries were unfounded. The response has been wonderful.

Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 920
2038 W. University
Denton, Texas 76201

Jim McLeod, Chief Motor Pool flunky