• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce rear PTO attachment..?

islandguydon

I have a pto generator I want to attach to the rear pto, I need an adapter for hook up, does anyone know who might be able to help out..?

Stan

What do you mean by "rear pto"? The deuce may have a pto mounted on the transmission to power the winch, and this pto can be found with a forward and reward output. Your question leads me to believe your talking about the flange on the rear axle, which isn't a pto.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes most prob. the OP has the P-137-C T-case PTO.

I think it uses a multiple V-belt pulley directly mounted to the output shaft, to drive a generator.
(Trying to find pics...)

G.

Darwin T

you can get a rear facing PTO Accessory Drive that mounts on the rear of the pto to run dump trucks hydrolics or 4,500 pound rear winches on wreckers. but it only turns one way (no reverse). however it would take a very long drive shaft to reach the back. i thought about mounting a pto generator from northern tool under the box on my M109a3 but it is not water proof and the may be a ground clearance issue. i think i am going with a 12 and 24 volt two altenator system with a 12 volt battery system to and inverter so i don't have to run the motor and don't take a chance of running down my starter batteries.

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
you can get a rear facing PTO Accessory Drive that mounts on the rear of the pto to run dump trucks hydrolics or 4,500 pound rear winches on wreckers. but it only turns one way (no reverse). however it would take a very long drive shaft to reach the back. i thought about mounting a pto generator from northern tool under the box on my M109a3 but it is not water proof and the may be a ground clearance issue. i think i am going with a 12 and 24 volt two altenator system with a 12 volt battery system to and inverter so i don't have to run the motor and don't take a chance of running down my starter batteries.
DOES NOT drive the REAR wrecker WINCH

Darwin T

sorry, thats what i was told here on steelsoldiers when i thought about putting in a pto generator. i was told it ran the hydrolics for the dump bed or the winch that sits right behind the cab with a chain or belt. so that is what i repeated.

spicergear

The T-case PTO also has a tapered shaft and a nut size I will wish you good luck in finding if you need one. Something like 1" 24 or something really popular like that. :) I took a metric nut that was close, cut the threads out then cut the threads I needed on my Clausing lathe. The T-case PTO is beefy.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
sorry, thats what i was told here on steelsoldiers when i thought about putting in a pto generator. i was told it ran the hydrolics for the dump bed or the winch that sits right behind the cab with a chain or belt. so that is what i repeated.
This is driven by the XCASE pto, as on the 815,

landfillman

Figure the taper of the shaft and measure the Keyway. Then try a place that deals with power transmission supplies. Motion Industries and SUrplus center is who I use. They can often match a coupler like you want. I have found old yokes that were made for them and turned them i nthe lathe to press into the center of the right sprokets.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does the t-case PTO in question have anything attached to the shaft already or does it just have the shaft sticking out? I've seen the PTO have a 4-bolt flange, a u-joint yoke, or a sprocket. If you have the 4-bolt flange it makes it very easy to attach a sprocket, pulley, or whatever.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks