• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Shopping at Smyrna.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Ya'll know that Smyrna is about 225 miles from Memphis, TN - my home - and home of Memphis Equipment Co. I dunno what they are bidding on - if anything - but since these are in their back yard (low cost to inspect, low cost to transport), it would stand to reason that they'd be interested. And, back in the old days (DRMO), I've seen them buy more trucks than this at one sale. And yes, I've outbid them on trucks - more than once. They are totally dispassionate about this - whereas we will say "I really want this truck, I'll bid a little more" - they are doing this strictly as business, so they don't keep on bumping it up like another collector will.

DD

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FLEA: Just be happy that these are open-bid sales. If they were closed, you'd have no idea how high to go. You now know what they are bidding...if you want the truck, go get it!

Flea

Well, I'm back in the game... I figure, when is the chance going to come up again for me to get one in this condition, with this kind of miles, this close to home for this price.

I'm going up, and the executive branch (aka wife) has given me the go-ahead.

Besides, I finally got paid commission on some work I did back in June, so there's some extra cash right now anyways! Invest it? Why no! Deuce it! :driver:

I want a Deuce so bad I can taste it...

Memphis surplus: if you're bidding against me on this truck, be advised: I will be spending money with you in the future! You'll save yourselves the cost of buying & shipping the truck AND you'll gain a customer! So please can I have it?

Attachments

Flea

Heh, no grandpa here... 23 (about to be a father for the first time, though!)

Just needed something to lighten my mood in case I don't win :)

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Flea said:
Wow this is discouraging. Every lot I bid on, I'm outbid by the SAME FRIGGIN' PERSON!

I hate corporations that take this out of the hands of the enthusiasts. Probably going to Mexico or some other national government that has never done anything to help the us. :roll:
Who knows it's probably GL bumping the bids.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a m35a2c. Lot 4146. I'm going to haul mine home after the paperwork.I think I can get two on my tractor trailer rig. If anyone needs one picked up and held untill you can get around to getting it I may can bring it back to my place and hold it for you. Just let me know.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good, I didn't really know what shape it was in because the pictures were kind of vague. The price I paid I didn't care as long as it would roll onto a trailer. I was going to part it out but If it turns out good I may keep it and sell my old truck. I was just wanting the dropside.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well they aren't from Tn., but I got 4 New Venture transfer cases for an Am General. I guess the are for the m9xx series.

Blood_of_Tyrants

For those of you wondering.

Vehicles went for a low of $990 to a high of $3451 (lot 4168) for an average of $1547 and a Mean of $1370. The mean is the MIDDLE priced truck. That means that 37 went for less than the mean and 37 went for more than the mean. Some pretty good deals.

4174 was probably one of the best deals there as it had nice Michelins on all 10.

Blythewoodjoe

So did any of you guys get the 5 trucks that sold at Ft. Jackson. I really wanted two of these but didn't need them bad enough. They where really nice looking trucks, but with a new paint job everything looks great. I think the M35's went for around $2100 to $2400 plus the 17 percent the folks will add to it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks