• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce smoke video, do I need to turn my fuel down?

91W350

We talked about it and I decided to just put on the extended lens tube, just set the camera on the surface and drove over it. That pass coming at it was almost 50 mph, probably the fastest I have run the truck. I like the speed pass from behind. I have a 50 cal can full of chain. I think I will drill a hole in the lid and see how close that puts the camera to the pumpkin. If I hit it, I sure hope the memory card survives! I will also zoom in more next time so the truck does not disappear so fast.

jsthnt@gmail.com

That sure is a nice truck Glen. It is good to see it agin. I thought that you might have added in some oil. But I did not want to ask since I am such a newbie. Mine is a non tubo and it does not smoke half as much.

paulfarber

Just add some sidewinder and sparrow missiles and get a flight suit... when people ask WHT tell them you are an F-4 Phantom II pilot in training.

Mine does not smoke... well a little since dumping WMO in the tank (probably at 50-60% right now). I can tool around PA mountains all day at 35-40 MPG.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Morning Glen THAT is mighty fine looking truck, I especially LIKE that trailer, she is a real beauty! And in looking at your vids again in that one I actually dont think its SMOKE I think its a CON-TRAIL your going so fast!!!!!
KK

91W350

Thanks Karl, I very seldom, like almost never, run over 2200 rpm. On the Titans by GPS it runs about 48 mph actual ground speed. My speedometer reads a little slow. Somehow a 48 mph con trail does not sound quite Kosher....

91W350

Just add some sidewinder and sparrow missiles and get a flight suit... when people ask WHT tell them you are an F-4 Phantom II pilot in training.

Mine does not smoke... well a little since dumping WMO in the tank (probably at 50-60% right now). I can tool around PA mountains all day at 35-40 MPG.
Mine made 12 on my last trip. Right at 11 mpg coming home in February pulling my M1008. I need some oil! 35 to 40 mpg is rocking for a deuce!

Cookeemann has a strong running M109! He hit the highway with the screamer turned on! Blew right by me like I was standing still!

Billy Bobbed

I was comming home today in the passing lane and I got in front of the pack and I nailed it at 50 mph.The truck was moving very well.I nailed the truck 3 times to fell this big truck move.Both stacks were pumping out alot of smoke from what I could see from my mirrors..I got the pyro to around 1375 17lbs of boost,dont know the speed I was going at the end.This is not something I do all the time but I finally had the start of the pack going at the right speed,and it was Friday comming home.I would hate to be the people behind me with there windows down.

Last edited:

jblack6527

Even if you're fuel is turned up too high, it doesn't sound like you pull the truck hard enough to hurt it. I'm the same way as you on the rpm's. I'll run mine up to 2300 or so out on the highway, but running around town it stays about 2000. seems like if it's running at redline, that when it hits a hill it will pull down to about 18-1900 and stay there. Think I read somewhere that's where the torque peak is. YMMV
I would definitely get a pyro if you are worried about it before I turned it down myself.