• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce smoking like a freight train

Bcurtman

OK, so my non-turbo deuce also smokes tremendously, and yes, I do have the FDC bypassed. If I read the post above correctly, I have to adjust the fuel screw clockwise to INCREASE the fuel by 13-16 flats?!?!?!? I have a pic of the pump at home on a different puter, so I'll have to look at that. Seems like we would want to decrease the fuel....

0311DAD

you need to decrease fuel. i was being sarcastic. others had posted that they wanted their deuce to smoke.

i ended up decreasing my fuel 10 flats. now that my pyro has arrived, i hope to adjust the fuel a little bit more.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Non-turbos smoke pretty good at stock fuel settings. The turbos were added as a "clean air kit" to non turbos, to make them smoke less. They were not set up to add any power.

But, turbo engines do make more power than non-turbo engines when the fuel rate is increased.

MtnDuece

Does any one know if their were two different turbos for the deuce.I know the sound of the famous whistler. mine does not . looks like turbo is installed 74 Kaiser with hercules multifuel

Flyingvan911

The differences in turbos has been examined in good length. The search box should bring up several threads. They say the C does better for the low end of the RPM while the D is better at the top. I love my C. It sounds great at the top and bottom.

crazywelder72

i got questions about turning down the fuel in another thread but i think you all my be able to help me also.

I just got my pyro in and my fdc is bypassed but now that i got the pyro i can see how hot i am running. I could hardly do 45mph today and i had to keep letting off the pedal to keep it below 1200˚.

so if i turn it down the 14 flats, then what about the droop screw, and anything else?

"It is not just a max temp adjustment. That is why the TM has a three step process, it is setting up low idle, high rpm unloaded, max fuel and droop."

where is all this in the TM's can anyone either give me a page, section number or instructions?

0311DAD

i installed my pyro today. took it for a test drive to see how high the egt would get under high load. in 4th gear on a long steady incline, the egt was only 1050, shifted into 5th and the egt dropped back to 850.

looks like i might be able to turn a flat or 2 more and still be safe. next project is to adjust the droop. time for more reading of the tm