• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Soft Tops

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The price sure went way up. Only $22 less than GMA sells them for and you can choose you color. Of course if this is the color you want, clintogf has brand new ones for $125. Now we have 3 good options for cab covers.

dabtl

V V A 920 still has some of the padded three color left here in Denton.

PM if interested and I will get you a number to contact them.

Heavysteven

Well, i need a new one. Right now i am useing a strap to keep mine from blowing off.

I was going to have the sewing redone but the plastic pice is broken in two places. Wish i could just replace the plastic and get it fix.

Attachments

helobravo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, i need a new one. Right now i am useing a strap to keep mine from blowing off.

I was going to have the sewing redone but the plastic pice is broken in two places. Wish i could just replace the plastic and get it fix.

I had the sewing redone on one of mine that had the pastic broken. I had the plastic sewn in place and it didn't matter.

1crook

Steven, we just ran into exactly this problem. My winch truck from Ft. Rucker had a top where the stitching had come apart. We planned on restitching it but upon closer inspection, the rigid plastic strip had broken into multiple pieces.

At this point, we just replaced it with one of my new tops.

Attachments

3rdmdqm

I had the same problem. I took a piece of vinyl siding cut to 59" in length and just used the bottom 1" where the J-channel is. Fits in the windshield groove perfectly. Then I used very small rivets and some strong adhesive glue to attach the front of the top to the vinyl. worked out great, and cheap! Bit of spray paint and you can't even tell. I will try to post pics when i get a chance.

TexAndy

Where is it "broken?"

There are actually 3 front plastic pieces. One long one in the middle and two short ones on either side.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My soft top came unstitched from the plastic (three pieces), so I used JB Weld across the entire length and it has held without problems.

TexAndy

And GlintoGF tops are MUCH better then the sportsman ones.. the sportsman ones don't fit that well.... there a little loose.
Are you sure it's not the U channel on your truck that's too big? I would think these vinyl tops are all from the same mfger. Mine were too narrow. I had to open them up by hammering a piece of steel rod all the way through the channel. Even so, it was not exactly easy to install the top.

JB

I have taken ones like yours to a auto/boat upholstery shop and they can stitch a similar flexible rubber piece in place instead of teh hard plastic. Works well.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Are you sure it's not the U channel on your truck that's too big? I would think these vinyl tops are all from the same mfger. Mine were too narrow. I had to open them up by hammering a piece of steel rod all the way through the channel. Even so, it was not exactly easy to install the top.
It isn't the channel issue, it's the overall size of the top. The SG ones hang down lower, putting the black cord lower than the tie down hooks, making it difficult to get the top nice and tight on the cab. We're waiting on a friend of ours to shoot some pictures of his truck with a SG top on it so she can show the comparison in her ad.

The tops have been made by a few suppliers..... there isn't just one. You can see a lot of differences in various tops out there, shape of the rear window, etc.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clinto is right they don't fit right. They were a good deal at 88$ but 150$ is not remotely worth it. New GMA $171. Tan Clintogf $125.

RangerDave

Good point about the SG deal... Here I was kicking myself for having just purchased a new top from GMA (thanks to the SS members who gave me the lead on that deal) when I could have had a cheaper one... Well I was VERY happy when I got it a couple of weeks ago and now I am even happier I didn't succumb to the "cheaper" top in order to save a few bucks.

Oh yes, do you think I could have just used one of your stitching tricks to get it back together and on the road???

I just stuck a piece of thick plastic up there with zip ties until the top goes on!!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks