• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Soft Tops

peecook

i went to Lowes and got 2 kits of snaps. took 20 mins to put them on. an upholstery shop can do it, theirs will be heavy duty (i've had to replace a couple) but its easy to take the top on and off, and i didnt have to spend the money for a new top.

DoctorCheney223

I picked up one of the SG tan tops for my tan truck and it fits perfectly. It doesn't fit loose or hang anywhere and it matched up to the snaps and buttons.

Maybe some are better than others??

thanks,
Ron

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought two tan tops a year ago from SG and put them in storage. They where $75 ea including shipping.

Yesterday I went to put one on a Deuce and guess what. They where for the 900 series 5 ton. Didn't quite fit right. Probably too late to send them back.....:neutral:

Look how a 900 series top fits on a Deuce.....:roll:

Anyone need a need a couple of 900 series tan tops?

Attachments

Last edited:

jimmcld

We still have a bunch of the 3 color camo tops. They are the good ones. Not the cheap stuff you get from SG. In fact, we took one of the SG tops off dabtl's truck and put one of these on. There is no comparison! The SG top could be wadded up and put into a shoe box. These tops take a box that is 40x36x6, and they fill it up. They also weigh 19 lbs. Only problem with that is that you can't get one into one of the flat rate boxes.

Vietnam Veterans of America
Chapter 920
Denton, Texas

combat32

I don't know joe, that looks sorta classy, kind of like a top hat for a deuce! Too classy for an Okie though!:)

Oops, forgot that I had bought one too, better check mine for fit.

DoctorCheney223

I bought two tan tops a year ago from SG and put them in storage. They where $75 ea including shipping.

Yesterday I went to put one on a Deuce and guess what. They where for the 900 series 5 ton. Didn't quite fit right. Probably too late to send them back.....:neutral:

Look how a 900 series top fits on a Deuce.....:roll:

Anyone need a need a couple of 900 series tan tops?
WOW.... I wouldn't have been too pleased if that top arrived. I believe the advertisement states they are for M35's???/

I will get pics of my top tomorrow for you folks.

thanks,
Ron

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW.... I wouldn't have been too pleased if that top arrived. I believe the advertisement states they are for M35's???/

I will get pics of my top tomorrow for you folks.

thanks,
Ron
Yes but I bought them 13 months ago. I guess I could try to exchange them....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks