• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce start up?

Barrman

Mine has always needed a little push on the pedal to start. Hot or cold. Many filter changes, thousands of miles and no difference. I even bumped the idle up to 850 and it still needs it.

Change your filters just to be sure they are good, but otherwise don't worry about it. Mine will fire up in less time than I can remove my hand from the red button once I push it. As long as I have a little foot pressure.

randini

I often run WMO. Sometimes as high as 100%. Sometimes just a gallon, or two. I always depress the accelerator, with the starter going. Once it catches, I take my foor of the pedel (immediatily!!). It starts quicker, and does not raise the starting RPM. Just my solution...

RDUKW

One of mine starts with no pedal and the other one requires me to hold a little pedal for 30-40 seconds. If I don't apply pedal it will start and then die 10 seconds later. This truck in the begining never did that till the last year or so (it also seems like it lost some power around the time it started). I have replaced fuel filters and still have to apply some pedal and low on power.

Ryan

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have one deuce that needs a little to start and one that does not.
You just have to know what the old girl wants[thumbzup]

treeguy

deuce starting

I have never had to touch the throttle upon start up hot or cold weather.

"Mine will fire up in less time than I can remove my hand from the red button once I push it." Barrman

Like 3 spins of the crank start up - real quick!

Is it maybe an air flow/intake issue?

I say, do what works for you but I wouldn't overly rev. (more than 1000 rpm) before up to operating temp.

2cents

mikey

Of my two deuces, one requires a slight tap of the pedal to start. Once she starts, she runs like a top. This love tap is required regardless of whether I run WMO or straight diesel. I have recently replaced many of the fuel lines and installed spin on fuel filters. Still gotta tap that pedal.

Troll1216

I had my dad over to help with yard work since I'm still on the injured roster and can't drive the beast. He drove one in the service and fire trucks in the 70's. My truck had been sitting for 2 months and needed to be run and pulled out of the yard to mow. It fired right up. (No brakes :?, but that's another story - I will be doing a remote resivor asap when I get cleared for duty)

I have to say that I press the button and in less than a turn or two of the crank it is up and running every time. It starts better than my dodge or the wife's jeep (both less than 5 years old). Even after it was sitting for a while. Max 2-3 seconds of button time, usually less than a second.

The only time I had to feather the go petal was when I replaced a broken fuel line just as it goes into the IP. I had to bleed the system several times. Check for an air leak. If it starts easy enough then why mess with success.

AMX

My A3 starts faster than you can let go of the switch. It has to be the fastest starting diesel I have ever seen, and I have seen quite a few.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks