• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce stranded me/wife on the Highway

ATPTac

(UPDATE)

Truck is now home and parked in the barn once again. Weather is suppose to be turning (single digit cold, snow/rain) tomorrow, so just in time. Thank you everyone, for the help I needed to make this happen.

I ended up using a used stock lift pump. Installed it, let it prime the system, bled my filters and injectors/lines, and after that she started right up.
Good to hear you got her home and it wasn't a major problem.

welldigger

Not to change topic to much but talking about the HH pump. Driving home my truck said half a tank and probably had a little over a quarter in it. It wasn't enough and the truck kept surging then dropping off. Not really bucking more like I was pressing the gas and letting off constantly. If I pressed the clutch during these episodes it would die and I would have to crank a little while to get her to go again. Made it the 3 miles to the gas station and she hasn't done it again. How much damage can these take from lack of fuel before I should start budgeting for one. Luckily my in tank pump still works and kept priming the system.
Not trying to scare you but that sounds more like a governor weight broke off. My truck did the same thing. Even weirder is it didn't do it all of the time. When I had my IP rebuilt that's what they found. A pin had broke that holds a weight on the governor assembly. That threw the governor out of balance causing my engine to surge. It really did it bad when I pushed the clutch in to coast up to a stop sign.