• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce stranded me/wife on the Highway

ATPTac

(UPDATE)

Truck is now home and parked in the barn once again. Weather is suppose to be turning (single digit cold, snow/rain) tomorrow, so just in time. Thank you everyone, for the help I needed to make this happen.

I ended up using a used stock lift pump. Installed it, let it prime the system, bled my filters and injectors/lines, and after that she started right up.
Good to hear you got her home and it wasn't a major problem.

welldigger

Not to change topic to much but talking about the HH pump. Driving home my truck said half a tank and probably had a little over a quarter in it. It wasn't enough and the truck kept surging then dropping off. Not really bucking more like I was pressing the gas and letting off constantly. If I pressed the clutch during these episodes it would die and I would have to crank a little while to get her to go again. Made it the 3 miles to the gas station and she hasn't done it again. How much damage can these take from lack of fuel before I should start budgeting for one. Luckily my in tank pump still works and kept priming the system.
Not trying to scare you but that sounds more like a governor weight broke off. My truck did the same thing. Even weirder is it didn't do it all of the time. When I had my IP rebuilt that's what they found. A pin had broke that holds a weight on the governor assembly. That threw the governor out of balance causing my engine to surge. It really did it bad when I pushed the clutch in to coast up to a stop sign.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks