• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce tie rod castle nut size

Kharville

Does anyone know the exact size of the castle nut on top of the tie rods? I used a large pipe wrench to remove them since I had the tires off. With the tires on now, I want to properly tighten to torque specs. Digging through my sockets and found it was not 1-1/8, 1-1/4 or 1-1/2. Is it something in between like a 1-3/8?

Kharville

I was able to pull up the part number from one of the TMs and Google search for the fastener specs and get a close decimal value of 1.312 (about 1-5/16) Thank you.

DavidWymore

About? Exactly! I run a machine and welding/millwright shop and my caliper and tape measure are always on me. Very handy.

Grandpa said, "You gotta be like a cowboy, your caliper is your six-shooter, you always have it on you".

I was able to pull up the part number from one of the TMs and Google search for the fastener specs and get a close decimal value of 1.312 (about 1-5/16) Thank you.

Kharville

Believe it or not they listed a range for the size of the nut. So they listed the size of the nut "between" 1.3125 and 1.2ish. That's why I stated "about". The maximum was 1 5/16 and the minimum was between there and 1 1/4 Seems max was the size. If I would have been at the truck I would have just measured. :whistle::whistle::whistle: