• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce tie rod castle nut size

Kharville

Does anyone know the exact size of the castle nut on top of the tie rods? I used a large pipe wrench to remove them since I had the tires off. With the tires on now, I want to properly tighten to torque specs. Digging through my sockets and found it was not 1-1/8, 1-1/4 or 1-1/2. Is it something in between like a 1-3/8?

Kharville

I was able to pull up the part number from one of the TMs and Google search for the fastener specs and get a close decimal value of 1.312 (about 1-5/16) Thank you.

DavidWymore

About? Exactly! I run a machine and welding/millwright shop and my caliper and tape measure are always on me. Very handy.

Grandpa said, "You gotta be like a cowboy, your caliper is your six-shooter, you always have it on you".

I was able to pull up the part number from one of the TMs and Google search for the fastener specs and get a close decimal value of 1.312 (about 1-5/16) Thank you.

Kharville

Believe it or not they listed a range for the size of the nut. So they listed the size of the nut "between" 1.3125 and 1.2ish. That's why I stated "about". The maximum was 1 5/16 and the minimum was between there and 1 1/4 Seems max was the size. If I would have been at the truck I would have just measured. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks