• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce to a 8' Pickup Truck

Jeeagle

Dude, you seriously open yourself up for so much trouble.

I suggest let your first truck be an old Nissan with power steering, brakes with a stick. Not something that generally cost as much as a small nissian pickup to fix if you mess it up.

M35A2usmc

I suggest let your first truck be an old Nissan with power steering, brakes with a stick. Not something that generally cost as much as a small nissian pickup to fix if you mess it up.
I'am sorry you feel about this topic. But when I get interested insomething I usally try as hard as I can to get it. I set goals that I need to achieve and most of the time I do. Some times not so much. But I just like to ask questions and find things out.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats the way to learn Matt I think now is always the best time you never know what tomorrow holds live every day like its your last. just take a little time and learn every thing you can and get some experence with larger trucks so no one gets hurt and others can see another day.but its your goal you go for it don'y let anyone discourage you period

M35A2usmc

What do you mean open myself up for so much trouble?

Be patient, do your research, and you'll have a Deuce someday. Focus on the USMC! Seriously, they are a handful at times, requiring lots of time and money to repair and maintain. I bought my first about 18 months ago at age 42 and have wanted one for 20 years. Good luck and Semper Fi.

quickfarms

A duece will fit into a standard parking space, especially if you find a spot where the rear can overhang onto the grass. You have to plan your maneuvers ahead of time so that your arms do not get tired. These vehicles are best as toys or secondary vehicles.

M35A2usmc

Ok guys as I was thinking and reading other articals I was wondering how hard it would be to build a custom bed out of wood planks and sheet metal. How bad would it look as a flat bed that size? Please just give honest opinions.

ICAT

Does your school have a auto or welding class? If so, talk to the teacher and tell him what you want to do and do the research to find out everything about a deuce and what it takes to bob it. I'm a shop teacher and I took mine to school and my students bobbed it. Lots of supervision but it turn out great.

Heath_h49008

You like the deuce... but are looking at a 4x4 for space, and insurance reasons.

Have you considered an M37? It would be a fine way to get your green iron addiction, and when the itch for speed needs to be scratched, a 350 chevy swap is always an option.

I love my Deuce, but the cost of ownership and maintenance compounded with the issues you will run into make it irresponsible for us to say "Yeah, do it. It'll all work out. Great idea!"

It isn't that we are looking down on you. It's that we are trying to look OUT for you.

As for the bed ideas. Do a search for "Sewerzuk." His truck is 6x6, but otherwise as you seem to be describing.

M35A2usmc

You like the deuce... but are looking at a 4x4 for space, and insurance reasons.

Have you considered an M37? It would be a fine way to get your green iron addiction, and when the itch for speed needs to be scratched, a 350 chevy swap is always an option.

I love my Deuce, but the cost of ownership and maintenance compounded with the issues you will run into make it irresponsible for us to say "Yeah, do it. It'll all work out. Great idea!"

It isn't that we are looking down on you. It's that we are trying to look OUT for you.

As for the bed ideas. Do a search for "Sewerzuk." His truck is 6x6, but otherwise as you seem to be describing.
Yeah I have looked at the m37 I just don't like the style of it. And thanks everyone for looking out for me.

M35A2usmc

Does your school have a auto or welding class? If so, talk to the teacher and tell him what you want to do and do the research to find out everything about a deuce and what it takes to bob it. I'm a shop teacher and I took mine to school and my students bobbed it. Lots of supervision but it turn out great.
Do you have any pictures by chance?

63C20

I am not convinced that a Deuce is good as a daily driver, That being said it will fit in a regular parking place with some planning and you can parallel park it. There is something about a vehicle where operator comfort is the last consideration.
By the way, bobbing a Deuce is illegal in 32 states.:)

M35A2usmc

I am not convinced that a Deuce is good as a daily driver, That being said it will fit in a regular parking place with some planning and you can parallel park it. There is something about a vehicle where operator comfort is the last consideration.
By the way, bobbing a Deuce is illegal in 32 states.:)
Wow thats really wierd and thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks