• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce to a 8' Pickup Truck

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's just an A3, those states don't care. :p

Last edited:

ICAT

it took a year but we took are time, i do a semester of auto repair and a semester of auto body repair

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can shorten a deuce into a pickup size vehicle but it's no pickup. With proper planning it can be bobbed in a weekend. We have tossed around the idea of bobbing one at a rally in the past. There is lots of prep work that can be accomplished while the truck is still on the road. I used my M275A2 as a DD for months with no issues but was glad to finally park it. Also consider that while I was driving mine daily, I was very familiar with deuces and their repairs. Deuces are particularly hot vehicles to ride in when it's hot and very cold when it's cold. The best heaters are marginal and the defroster is all but useful. The very best deuce wipers are minimal as well. My experience would giude you towards a CUCV but like many young folks, it's a lesson you may just have to experience for yourself before you learn.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok this may be a stupid question but I want to know would it ever be possible to convert a deuce to an 8 foot pickup truck?
Good morning Matt.

What you are asking has been covered many, many times. It is called Bobbing a Deuce. (removal of the third axle and shorting the frame).

Hundreds of people have done it (some better than others, I have seen some hack jobs). The Deuce Modification forum is a great place to see pictures and get ideas.

Ford Mechanic

Oh crap I feel stupid now. :ditto:
Don't feel bad I thought he was serious too!

I'm teaching my youngest brother to drive my M35A2 (full size) and he's only 12 I think???? Just in the fields and on dirt paths so far but he's learning. Put it in low and give him the pointers. It's really helped him that you don't have to worry about stalling it taking off so he can just concentrate on releasing it smoothly. He's eating it up:jumpin:! This was the first time he drove it in the hay fields earlier this year. I needed a extra hand for driving as me and the wife could handle it otherwise.

Attachments

M35A2usmc

Don't feel bad I thought he was serious too!

I'm teaching my youngest brother to drive my M35A2 (full size) and he's only 12 I think???? Just in the fields and on dirt paths so far but he's learning. Put it in low and give him the pointers. It's really helped him that you don't have to worry about stalling it taking off so he can just concentrate on releasing it smoothly. He's eating it up:jumpin:! This was the first time he drove it in the hay fields earlier this year. I needed a extra hand for driving as me and the wife could handle it otherwise.
Sounds fun and cool for him.

caliber1

As has been said already, find some one local and get some seat time. As an example, my older brother asked my advice before buying his first Harley, then bought what he thought looked best. Now he wishes he had listened to his younger brother that has been riding for 30 years. aua Just a thought young Matt. I love my Deuce, don't get me wrong, but I have several back up vehicles.

M35A2usmc

As has been said already, find some one local and get some seat time. As an example, my older brother asked my advice before buying his first Harley, then bought what he thought looked best. Now he wishes he had listened to his younger brother that has been riding for 30 years. aua Just a thought young Matt. I love my Deuce, don't get me wrong, but I have several back up vehicles.
Thanks I know someone Across the bridge from me I was thinking about asking me and having my mom or dad drive me over there for my birthday if its ok with the guy. That stinks about your brother not listening.

caliber1

Sucks for him. LMAO Seriously, I had 25 years in the saddle when he asked and didn't listen. Most of the guys on here have WAY more experience in Deuces than me and are just trying to help. All voices of experience.
Thanks I know someone Across the bridge from me I was thinking about asking me and having my mom or dad drive me over there for my birthday if its ok with the guy. That stinks about your brother not listening.

M35A2usmc

Sucks for him. LMAO Seriously, I had 25 years in the saddle when he asked and didn't listen. Most of the guys on here have WAY more experience in Deuces than me and are just trying to help. All voices of experience.
Yup I understand that and I will gladly listen to what everyone has to say. So everybody who wants to say anything go ahead and I will reply.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where are you located?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you Mattyboy (ANOTHER ACCOUNT)?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks