• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce to the Scrap Heap

KaiserM109

This is a '62 2 1/2 ton truck in Western Colorado that is getting parted out. The owner does not have the title (probably never transfered from the government) and he wants 2 of the axles for another project. It reportedly runs.

Is there any interest in the parts? The cab is reportedly off of a 5 ton (??).

Attachments

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, inst cluster, mirrors, and radiator if its an origional gasser one.

grounded

Banned
hey jim i might have some guages and such for you off a gasser when i do my multi swap if you need them.

gotta find a 250 cummins cluster for my other truck also.. if anyone has one.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats a very dry looking truck. I see no rotten steel at all. Even the windshield frames look good. Is it an M35, M45 or what? That would be a nice restore! Hey Jim, I have a pretty nice pr of the older 2 bar mirrors that mount to the cab cowl left and gun leg mount on the right if you need them. Not too much interested in them for my stuff.

KaiserM109

Thats a very dry looking truck. I see no rotten steel at all. Even the windshield frames look good. Is it an M35, M45 or what? That would be a nice restore! Hey Jim, I have a pretty nice pr of the older 2 bar mirrors that mount to the cab cowl left and gun leg mount on the right if you need them. Not too much interested in them for my stuff.
Data plate on dash says it is a M44, M45, M46, M57 or M58.

There is no title. The owner only wants front and 1 rear axle for another project (probably a CJ-2!!). That being said, there is possibly a trade that could be made.

Is that a military bed?

Attachments

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny I have a set of those. I could not tell if these were the 2 bar ones or the really old single bar ones (which I need). If I can't find them i'll just modify the 2 bar ones I have. Where is this located? I'll be passing through CO down HWY70 around 20th July.

KaiserM109

Jon, ya want to make a trip with your deuce to Grand Junction?

I just spoke to the owner and he wants to keep all 3 axles and the transfer case for a monster Chevy Suburban. If I had numbers on what people will offer for parts, I might consider a recovery. There isn't much that I actually want. I'm guessing that the truck minus 3 axles and bed would be 6 to 8 thousand lb.

Engine does run. Guessing from the dash plate, it is not an overdrive transmission. Would there be anything of value other than the cab and front clip? Is that of any serious value to anyone?

PM me if you want to talk $$ in private.

For small stuff, I might be over there with my deuce toward the end of the summer.

area52

I need the headlights, front turn signal assemblies (both), wipers, and the three lever light switch.

Let me know what sort of price for all of it.

Flea

I need to understand why people cut up trucks for "A WICKED AWESOME ____ MUD TRUCK!"

There are plenty of 14 bolts out there.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just spoke to the owner and he wants to keep all 3 axles and the transfer case for a monster Chevy Suburban.
Has he looked at the t-case? I would think it would be way too big for a Suburban. I sure it's a sprag also.

I did a deal with a guy like you're talking about with a M49. I told him that I would haul the truck to my place, cut the axles out, and bring them to him. Trucks are alot easier to move with the axles under them :wink:.