• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Tow Bar

Desert Rat

CBVET,
Hang in there! I'll have a bunch of pics this weekend to help you. The museum has both kinds of tow bars. I'll be sure to include specs.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
CBVET, Im sorry, I didnt mean to hijack your thread. I didnt realize there was such a high demand for those pieces. If I could post pictures I would take a bunch of my tow bar and the pieces to give you an idea. There isnt much to making one. It just has to be heavy duty tubing like 3" diameter 1/4 or 3/8 of an inch thick. The purpose of the end piece adapters are to allow flex in the tow bar pivot point when its moved up and down, other wise it would bind and break, kinda like a universal joint.

cbvet

Tow Bar TM

Hey, thanks guys!
Mike, the TM REALLY helps me see how one should be made. I'm not at all sure I have the time or equipment to build a good safe model myself.
I'll take this to a local welding shop & see what he says.
Eric Wendt

mangus580

dj, there is no reason you shouldnt be able to post pics. Go right ahead.... if it gives you trouble email them to me, I can post them for you.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey guys, I have the smaller adapters left that are made for the hummers with a 3/4" hole. They weigh the same as the duece/5 ton ones and are only a little smaller at the 3/4" hole end. They can easily be made to work with the duece if you drill out the 3/4" hole to 1" and add some gusseting at that end for strength. I cant post pics because my computer is jacked up and wont let me transfer the images from my camera.

3dAngus

Would you still have any of the 1 1/2" to 1" adapters for towbars? I need a couple of them. I know your post is old, but Please let me know, if you get this.

Oldfart

Make that another soul that is looking for feet for his heavy tow bar's. I could use a set with 1" feet pins and a set with 3/4" feet pins

3dAngus

Semis is a person or a website (retail seller)? I apologize, but this site is all new to me do being a newbie, I could use a little extra help. And if a person, is there a way I can address him directly from this site?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
he is a member here, look him up in the menber directory

3d, are you comming to the GA. rally,

3dAngus

I tried looking him up and he is not listed anymore. It skips "SEMIS" if that is spelled correctly. That was a really fast response, and I definitely appreciate it.

Now for the Georgia rally. Ha! I LIVE IN GEORGIA!! I think it would be really cool to go. I saw something about a Ga. rally here but it was dated several years ago, so I thought I missed it. Is there a web site where I can read about it. I would LOVE to ge. Seems like it would be really cool, but I don't have a truck or anything yet. I want to do more of this kind of stuff.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Nope, only complete towbars. If you are found with an incomplete towbar, it is a federal offense punishable by up to 30 years in prison. They also have the right to take all of your green stuff and give you a hefty fine.

If I was you, I'd get that towbar complete before someone squeals on you.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kudos and a hearty welcome aboard to fyrman1. If seeking towbar parts you may want to post an ad in the wanted section of the classifieds. Glad you made the effort to search.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks