• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Trip from MD to CA

Styk33

0 Star General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's looking like I cannot make the trip to drive my deuce back home. To many scheduling conflicts with my partners and the weather is getting worse. My partners promised a good road trip in the truck next year.

I appreciate all of the input from everyone, it's been quite helpful in understanding what I need for a long road trip.

JMPM35A2

Man I'm disappointed. I read all of this and was gonna write in what id do, and it hits me. Cant make the trip this year. I was gonna recommend to pull the outer wheels and put them in the back. Boom, you just made four spares for yourself. Well best of luck to you next year.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I helped out a member back in about 2010. Did between 625 and 650 miles and was in the saddle for 13 1/2 hours.

Jeepsinker

I did a bit over 1100 miles one way in two days, rested for a couple of days, then did it again. By myself. And I always make the Georgia rally in one shot, which is just shy of 800 miles, if there are no detours.

robson1015

Never drove a deuce but I drove 22 hours straight in a 1971 VW beetle when I was young and dumb. Drove it to Florida from Ohio twice. Deuce can't be any worse than a VW Beetle. I would do it ina minute.

onemanarmy

still gonna get the truck?

the 3 wide isn't that bad in the cab, it is wide enough (barely) but the guy in the middle will always be in the way of the thousands of gear shifts you will have to make. There really isn't room for a third person on a trip like you had planned.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never drove a deuce but I drove 22 hours straight in a 1971 VW beetle when I was young and dumb. Drove it to Florida from Ohio twice. Deuce can't be any worse than a VW Beetle. I would do it ina minute.
Take my word having owned a 73, the VW Beetle is worse.

Styk33

0 Star General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just an update, the truck is being shipped. Unfortunately, no good time cruising America, in a deuce, will happen this year (for me).

Styk33

0 Star General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If i had to I would go get a deuce from the East coast and drive it back here. It would have to be perfect though.
You aren't that far away from me (Sacramento county), maybe you should come check out my deuce and tell me if you would have done it. I think you would make the trip.

icecreamman

Not a military vehicle, but someone brought in a "Bug".

In '92, I rode an Ironhead Sportster from Denver to L.A. and back. Two weeks, one set of points and three headlights later, I made it back. Wouldn't trade it for the world. My twelve yr. old gets the bike when she can start it. Kick-start only.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks