• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce turbo issues

rustystud

There is no "turbo" pressure regulator. The housing on the left side of the block has a relief valve that opens at 40 psi (dumping excess pressure back into the pan) and a valve that opens at 15 psi minimum for the piston cooling nozzles. The turbo is fed off of the same system as the engine bearings, etc.
Your right, my bad !
I just got back from Hawaii when I posted that so my mind was still adrift ! I need to medicate myself when flying as I get really sick due to inner ear damage. I wonder if that turbo supply hose is internally damaged causing a restriction ? I know it comes off the main pressure galley so there should be good oil pressure there.

Last edited:

JasonS

Your right, my bad !
I just got back from Hawaii when I posted that so my mind was still adrift ! I need to medicate myself when flying as I get really sick due to inner ear damage. I wonder if that turbo supply hose is internally damaged causing a restriction ? I know it comes off the main pressure galley so there should be good oil pressure there.
I haven't done it myself, but next time, ask your doctor for something to make you sleep the entire flight.

rustystud

I haven't done it myself, but next time, ask your doctor for something to make you sleep the entire flight.
I have these special patches that I wear plus some pills for anxiety. Though that flight from Hawaii was a bad one. Half way here it hit a really bad area. So for half an hour we where rocking and rolling ! People started throwing-up all over the place ! I was pretty medicated but I was even starting to get sick ! I really hate flying ! I wouldn't have even gone if it wasn't for the fact my wife's parents (who still live there) are very old and in poor health. We figured this would be the last Christmas we would have with them.

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Short of using a pre-lube set up to protect my turbo bearings against dry start ups, I am advised o add LUCAS oil stabilizer, so as to maintain a very slippery turbo bearing surface for each engine start up,

rustystud

Short of using a pre-lube set up to protect my turbo bearings against dry start ups, I am advised o add LUCAS oil stabilizer, so as to maintain a very slippery turbo bearing surface for each engine start up,
By just adding the spin-on oil filters you will almost eliminate the lack of oil problem due to oil drainage from the canister filters. Personally I don't add any engine oil additives except for "zinc" . The modern engine oils do a great job of lubricating the engine especially the "synthetic" oils.

jetman10

Hi guys . I have a deuce with a "D" turbo and would like to change to a "C" . I have a chance to buy a new one reasonably . Thing is, I don't know the difference by just looking . I finally found two pictures of both . Is the one with the Marmon clamp in the center the correct one ? Thanks .

rustystud

+
Hey RUSTYSTUD, are you using synthetic oil in your MV engine? Which one?
Right now I'm using "Rotella T" full synthetic 5-40W oil. I also use "Delo" synthetic 10-40W . It just depends who has the best price when it comes time to change the oil. Just be sure to use a "diesel" rated oil. Diesel oils must deal with more contamination then gasoline engines do.

com54

OP when the truck is shut off what temperature it is at? Turbo coking from high egt shutdowns kills turbos.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
OP when the truck is shut off what temperature it is at? Turbo coking from high egt shutdowns kills turbos.
I am not sure. My buddy put the D turbo back on and gave up on troubleshooting. I thank everyone for their input.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks