• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Turn Signal Bulb replacment #?

Darwin T

i have been searching for the bulb number for little bulb in the turn signal switch and the only part # i found said it was the same as the dash light bulbs (it is NOT). aua i pulled the bulb and it said 24volt 3amp on the side. does anyone have the bulb or part # that they will share? :beer:
i hate to start a new post for something that the first responce will probably answer but i can't find it. :-(

ratat98

I had the same problem with my turn signal indicator light.
I took it down to the parts store and after searching the "big book" (I rarely see the "big book" pulled out) for about 15 minutes, the owner managed to figure it out, and now I have a box of 10 of them sitting in my garage! Might try that approach...

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I had the same problem with my turn signal indicator light.
I took it down to the parts store and after searching the "big book" (I rarely see the "big book" pulled out) for about 15 minutes, the owner managed to figure it out, and now I have a box of 10 of them sitting in my garage! Might try that approach...
Would you mind shareing the p/n and id info

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As simple as looking at the -20P TM. 1873 bulb

Use your TMs!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The turn signal indicator bulb is grounded via the mounting strap (hose clamp?) to the steering wheel column, so make sure you also have a good ground connection for it while you are at it.

Prankster

Question?

Is it possible to install an inline ballast resistor to step down the voltage from 24V to 12V ???

Okay, how about two ballast resistors?

I was just thinking there might be an inverter that would allow a 12V bulb to be used on a 24V system.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With that bulb in mind, I'm missing the little shield/cap, that covers that indicator bulb, on the turn switch itsely. It just snaps in place. Its not something that one can buy new, without getting the whole switch. If anybody has one sitting around in a parts truck, I would be greatly indebted. If you think that light is bright at night, try it uncovered. The way it sticks out, I am afraid I will bump and break it. I wiil look for a PM.... Thanks a million

Darwin T

i disconnected my air buzzer and put a light in the dash so i would not have to listen to it, i think i will stick with the light. however, that is a great idea, i just have enough noise.

steelandcanvas

i disconnected my air buzzer and put a light in the dash so i would not have to listen to it, i think i will stick with the light. however, that is a great idea, i just have enough noise.
What do you have when the light burns out? You actually don't have to listen to the buzzer, it's the perfect time to do a vehicle walk-around. Check the tires, pull the battery box out and have a look, check your signals, tail lights, and head lights. I wouldn't want to sit there and listen to a buzzer either, but I can't see disconnecting a factory designed and installed safety device. Just my 2cents.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have both the buzzer and the light. If the short duration of noise from a low air buzzer bothers you, might want to get a different vehicle. Case in point, had some little fingers take the cover off and open the service brake valve on the deuce once. While going down a series of hills I depleted my air supply. Traffic was to heavy to watch lights and without the buzzer bad juju could have occurred. Buzzers are mandatory for me.

Darwin T

My 2 M35a2's still have the buzzers. My M109a3 has the factory designed safety device (Dash Low Air Light) and all i have to do to install the buzzer back is plug in the one wire that i don't reinstall when i added the (LED) light right next to the air pressure gauge. and sometimes i even wear earmuffs to protect my hearing. within 75 miles of here i don't think there is about 40' difference above sea level. my M109a3 is parked at about 4' above sea level and my M35a2's are 45 miles away at my farm and are about 32 feet above sea level. the steepest thing i drive across is a bridge and when i had brake problems on the bridge it was not air problems. if i was in the mountians or hills i would probably have put it back.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks