• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce turns over - wont start or even sputter

PawnShopEd

lol ya just reread that - lol you can tell it was 4 am when I came in lol. but the sad part is, that is the correct way you took it. I figured it would be just as painful as laying under the truck in 20 degree weather working on the brake for a few hours lol. I figured it was that or slamming my **** in the deuce door for 30 minutes lol. J/K

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
On our trip back from Tx the truck I was driving had the parking brake freeze in the "applied" position. We took a bar and clamped it to the deuce bed side then attached a come-a-long to the bar and the top of the parking brake arm. After a small protest, it surrendered and released. Tapping on it with a hammer didn't work for us either.

mcmullag

blocked by heater and other stuff in the way.....

I have the same problem with a deuce I got from GL, it runs to full throttle on start up, then when you stop it by pulling out the fuel shutoff lever, it wont start any more. I read this thread and reviewed the pics before I tried this today but could not finish the job.

2 questions: I pulled that side cover off the injection pump today and cut the safety wire and pulled the two screws out and that u-shaped thing they hold in that retains the rod. I could not go any further, I could not figure out how to get that rod out.
1. How do you get it unattached from the throttle cable thingy or whatever is needed to then pull the shaft out?
It is really hard to see what all is down there as that area sits at a downward angle and is right close to the steering shaft, etc.

2. do you guys re-do the safety wire on those two screws holding the rod retaining thing in, or just depend on the lock washers that are on those two screws?

thanks for any assistance.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
There is a C-clip that holds a rod on the swing arm. The swing arm is under those 2 screws that are safety wired. Your best bet is to get the heater out of the way before proceeding. Once the 2 screws are out and the C-clip is off, that assembly just slides out. Make sure you don't loose the "t" that is on the control lever you slide out. It just sits in there loosely.