• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce w/ hiab 950 knuckleboom

davo727

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your pics and stuff.

I wondered if you know what the max pressure is that the crane operates at?

Also do you know the piston and rod diameters on the dual actuators on the bottom stage and for the second stage actuator also?

Thanks, Dave

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I'm not sure what the max pressure is, but I do know that the boom's working pressure is 2560psi @ 10.57GPM
I'll get the specs on the seals this week. it should be noted that noneaua of the seal kits from hiab worked without swapping some of the parts.

I pulled the locust from the bed today and measured/marked for the cuts.

Attachments

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used to have a bed very similar to that one. Joel, you need to get with Kipman and stock up on some of the almost free straps he has. I'm going to get at least 4 and build several different size slings and lifting straps.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Rubicon crossed....
The bed is now cut and temprarily on the truck for a test fit. I will need to do some clearancing and grinding then it wil be ready for welding the new front piece.

When are we going to weld this thing? I need something to practice on rofl

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
one destgroyed flap wheel later it is clearanced and more or less ready for welding. Need to go get the steel and test fit it.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'll hit Lowes tomorrow and get the stuff I need to hook the welder up.

Woot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Looks good Joel....so did Clinto do the welding for you?
Are those stake pockets along the front?
Due to time constraints I ended up having a local fab shop do it for me. Yes, I did have them add three stake pokets to the new front edge.

This weekend I closed the seams between the welds that were made by the fab shop (for aesthetics), drilled holes for the metal strips, and soaked the new stuf in Ospho.

Attachments

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I had planned on painting, but the weather has had other plans. So I worked on making it easier to handle the spare. I had a piece of flat bar bent into a horse shoe shape and then bolted it to part of the stock spare winch setup. I had the "U" bent so the sides would be parallel. When I got it home I bolted one side and then used an outrigger to align the other hole.

Attachments

Last edited:

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Speaking of handling a spare... I painted the bed today & decided to put the bed on this pile of dirt to make it safer/easier to get at the bottom. Before painting I pulled the jeep tub out so I would have access to a 105 for the georgia rally. The spare is at max hydraulic reach up & out.

Attachments

Last edited: