• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce w/ hiab 950 knuckleboom

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I ask MB for some money and showed her the pics...she reminded me that our son is getting married on the 15th of Jan.:(

Wanna trade sumpin?? (that she don't know about?)rofl

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hmmm, it'd be nice to have that. Unfortunately I'm broke as can be now (just came back from Disney). Good luck on the sale. I've enjoyed reading about the progress of it.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The HIAB equipped deuce is a very useful piece of equipment, there is virtually nothing in my yard (or a number of other people's yards, including BFR's as well) that hasn't been lifted or moved by it and Joel's crane is even a higher capacity version of mine.

You must have some serious reason(s) for letting it go after all the work you put into it.

I have a "cherry picker" basket made of fiberglass with a damaged steel swivel/suspension if someone is interested. PM me for pictures and pricing, may be of use by whoever gets Joel's truck...

eldgenb

The HIAB equipped deuce is a very useful piece of equipment, there is virtually nothing in my yard (or a number of other people's yards, including BFR's as well) that hasn't been lifted or moved by it and Joel's crane is even a higher capacity version of mine.

You must have some serious reason(s) for letting it go after all the work you put into it.

I have a "cherry picker" basket made of fiberglass with a damaged steel swivel/suspension if someone is interested. PM me for pictures and pricing, may be of use by whoever gets Joel's truck...
I second that, I had a small hiab on a 5 ton that I sold and now I have a 14k lbs National Crane on a 920 and could not imagine doing half the projects around my house without it. It is the most important tool I own. The truck listed is very impressive and I hope it goes to a good owner. Its amazing how many best friends you develop when they see what it is capable of.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I could put together a k-boom deuce, I'd sell my M108. Problem is, I'd have to have the boom truck done before I sell the 108 and I can't afford both. Shucks! I'll have to second what Bjorn said, his crane has certainly moved quite a bit of junk around in my yard too!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I would never wish harm on anyone...and most of you know that....but, I can see this truck being worth it's weight in gold in recovering rolled over truck cargo etc...especially where we can't get our civvy wreckers in close.

I believe it will allow us to save more cargo without damage...saving the owner/insurance company some money.
I've been toying with the idea of getting some sort of military rough terrain forklift...but that ties up another landoll or lowboy....we can drive this rascal to the scene and put her to work with some rigging.

I'm as nervous as a ho in Church...first to see the truck pick sumpin up at the compound:D....second...to figure how long I have to live after MB finds out:shock::shock::shock:

Last edited: