• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce with single rear wheels

Jones

Those look like bigger tires than the stock 9.00X20s; maybe 11.00X20s. I can't tell from the pictures but do the front tires match the rears?
That's often a sure sign that it was singled out by the military.
Either way it should make it more streetable since you've got less tread on the ground and that'll give you less tire scrub when turning and easier steering.

In rough or muddy terrain you may want to go back to duals in the rear but if it was me, I'd look for another four wheels and four more tires of the same size and tread pattern, instead of dropping back to 9.00X20s. Far better tread pattern than the NDCC.

niferous

Yes the front match. As I remember these were the tires that came on the LMTVs when I was in. At least the tread pattern is the same. It looks like a really good Deuce and the description says it starts and runs. Here is a picture of the front. Best part is it's only a 3 hour drive from my house.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The singles have better traction for offroad. Its the load carrying cabability that duals is/are good for. I agree the XL tread tires are way better than ndt.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You wouldn't HAVE to, but should. I think the 395s are stock on the lmtv/fmtv trucks. Those look like 1100r20s.

Barrman

I was looking at that truck online this morning. Yes, it is ok to drive. Matter of fact, I just changed my M35A2 to those exact tires a week or so ago. Drives better, turns better and just "feels" better going down the road if that makes sense.

SEAFIRE

Those tires look like 12.5 x 20's. A place here is South Texas that does a LOT of tire work for the military has a bunch of 12.5's on stock M35 rims, those look just like them....

TexRdnec

well, did you win it?

cause i know i didn't!!!!

sorry, she was calling to me as well. i did end up with the one with the cableless winch though so i'm a new owner :grin:

Lex_Ordo

Those are nice Michelins!
Definately singled by the military, and definately 1100R20 tube-type radial. I have one that was put on my truck as a spare and the rest are 1100R20 tube-type Firestone T831.

I great truck to drive and less weight to register by about 500 lbs.

Attachments

Pawnshop

I was watching that truck myself (watching, not bidding) because it is a twin to mine but has the dual circuit brakes that mine does not have. I LOVE the singled Deuces, easy to drive (not that duals are hard to drive) and less maintenance. The down side of singles is that you loose four extra "spare" tires, and the cargo capacity is lower. I would really like to single out my M109 but it would be too tipsy.

My Deuce:

Attachments

jeep-Jeep

I was bidding on that truck up to 344 pm then after that it just went up from there for a hour ten minutes after it should have closed .
also I was of the impression no one was to talk about a auction item until the bidding was done:|

Wolf.Dose

The initial pics look like 9.00x20 Michelins with flipped hubs. For bigger tires the bed must be cut out or the tires hit the bed under some circumstances on road and off road very quickly!
The Michelins useually carry higher loads than the old NDT. So check the sidewalls. The max. lbs at psi is mentioned there. Diriving performance and handling at the correct TP is better than the NDT. NDT's are a WWII design and never have been improved.
Wolf