• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Wrecker for Sale

Craig C

I found a 1952 ish Deuce Wrecker with a AW or AV boom on it today..........the guy wants $4500 for it.......gasser, needs work......but if someone doesn't take it, it's off to the metal scrap yard this month.

Located in Calif. Central Coast Area....Creston, CA

Contact Marty at : Trucksandstuff@aol.com

I have no interest in this truck other that wanting to same a piece of American Military History..............

Oh, he also has a old gasser 5 ton wrecker as well he wants to part with or it will meet the same fate.

He isn't much of a talker, likes cash and that is about it....a no non-sense type guy.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I doubt it will bring $4500 at the chipper but if thats what he says. It's a pretty straight and clean example from that one pic. Prolly well worth the moneys.

Craig C

He's a scrap metal guy, knnws what it weighs and said at the prices he gets in Southern CA.....it's worth $4500 as scrap.....sad too cuz he has a other deuces at will be scraping most of them out now.....can't sell them for that much but can make good as scrap.

Speedy

its just hard for me to think how someone can scrap a fine looking truck like that.
:(. maybe if it was fubar'd bigtime and couldnt use anything off of it. but thats just my oppinion.

everyone needs a source of income.
hopefully onday soon I can save a peice of history and treat it right.

JohnnyReb

Don't mean to hijack the thread...but MV's are not the only things going to the scrap yard. Big metal dealer down in Mobile AL says that with China's increasing demand for metal, won't be a junkyard left in 10 years.....

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
China has to arm up for the war with USA. They need all the scrap metal they can get. Remember how Japan bought all our scrap metal in the 1930s? Same deal.

Someone rescue this deuce wrecker, not many of them left....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You watch this, if we keep complaining about how GL does business, they will start sending everything to Cali for scrapping. All of our beloved iron will be melted down and made into missles to send back to us!

Craig C

GL and Scrap Metal

From what I hear, GL is already scraping alot of stuff that should be sold as they can make more with the price of steel than they can selling it as a vehicle etc. Pretty sad....and yes, Japan bought all our scrap back then so we better watch out for China next.

Craig C

Email

He is probably out of town right now...I know he was headed to Southern CA last night after we left his place. Don't know when he will be back. I will see if I can call him or rather his other half.

madsam

RE: Email

It is interesting. If you buy the whole truck, you have to get an EUC to make sure it is not used against the USA. But if you sell as scrap there is no EUC, and as you say, it can be used on the USA in war... Hmm.. Sompthin ait right.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Gene. I've got the TM 9-8023-5 which has EVERYTHING for the wrecker bed. While I won't give it to you, I'd certainly loan it to you for whatever your needs are.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks