• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuces are clear for sale again

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure (shure I guess is the new spelling according to what I'm seeing on this site) will be interesting to see what folks will pay for them now.

I recall a grade-school story of Benjamin Franklin, who when once told that "sugar" is the only word in the english language in which the "s" has the "sh" sound, Ben's simplistic reply was, "Are you SURE?"

...and so ends our grammar lesson for today, children.

aua

---------------------
PART 2:

Glad to hear that the Dueces will be rolling again..... :driver: Just in time for CHRISTMAS!!!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Speaking of those that have been purchased in the past (and the likelyhood of more to come), CARNAC, oh great and knowing, could you tell us how many M35A2's have been built since the early 50's?

I don't think CARNAC can answer that, he can only see what's in inventory and the somewhat recent past. David Doyle would probably be the best point of contact on that one.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Speaking of those that have been purchased in the past (and the likelyhood of more to come), CARNAC, oh great and knowing, could you tell us how many M35A2's have been built since the early 50's?

We patiently await your return with this answer.....:roll:

I have around 50mb's worth. Guess I'll spend the next millenium getting you the answer.

To be honest, David Doyle provided me that number at one point. I think it was like 285,000 but would have to check with him to be 'SHURE'.

Also, by the time I get back to work and get numbers, the stuff will probably already be hitting the sales list.

The following is OPINION ONLY and I have nothing in writing at this time.

1. We're probably looking at 3-4 big waves of trucks hitting the market soon.
Why? DRMO has already released some to GL before the freeze so they're still there. Another set was sent to them after the freeze. Not 'SHURE' if these will be combined with those already there. Another batch is sitting at DRMO which manages by turn in date and offers the stuff to military/federal/state/local/donation. The timing of that cycle and if these cycles must begin from the beginning is a good question. May cause a gap between the near term auction and wave 2 or 3. Next issue was federal budget effect on the military. Nothing was moving. So there was a lot of stuff that was still at units and collection sites. That stuff is just starting to move. Quite a bit of it so that will be wave 3 or 4 that will hit in about 70-90 days.

2. Gut tells me we won't see many deuces coming out before Jan so spend wisely over Christmas. Don't panick buy. There's time. Everyone relax and breath.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How many M35A2's are you showing still in the active inventory? (not at GL or DRMS)

wsucougarx

Just confirmed the Demil code change today with GL:) He said they are also working to eliminate this problem in the future. Seems to be a computer glitch of sorts causing this problem.

Don't give up hope, people. After 64 days, got my notification this afternoon before I left work. Paid in full invoice downloaded, 3 copies made, now to schedule a pickup for a week from next Tuesday. Time to order some parts, hit up Harber Freight for some tools, contact the guy helping me pick up the truck, the list goes on.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't give up hope, people. After 64 days, got my notification this afternoon before I left work. Paid in full invoice downloaded, 3 copies made, now to schedule a pickup for a week from next Tuesday. Time to order some parts, hit up Harber Freight for some tools, contact the guy helping me pick up the truck, the list goes on.
Congrats:!:

Good things come to those who wait:!:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks