• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce's In Minnesota

rex_1_mn

Potential new owner here. (just need to get the wife onboard). I am curious how many people in Minnesota own/drive these. How do you like them? What do you use them for? I was thinking of using it mostly for hunting/winter storm driving. Do you MN boys ever get together? If somone was close to me and wouldnt mind showing a newb around the ride some day that would be cool. I would rather talk to somone that likes the hobby than somone that is trying to sell me theres.

SuperiorRam

Greetings welcome
ya know I go mine as a toy including storm driving I love it
been wanting to do a get together up at the Gilbert Mn off highway vehical park (just a thought) but am wondering most of the same things you are along that line
I got mine from a guy in Blaine Mn tested everything drove it got treated great, send me a private message if you want more info

dittle

There are quite a few of us on this forum. Like SR said you have Tie6044 in Blaine, I'm in the TC area, Andydieselpower is down by Owatonna, and there are a couple of more guys down south of him. My neighbor bought one because I had one and he had to have his own boy toy. Another buddy has one just West of me (again because of me). I'm beginning to understand why the wife's don't like letting the guys out with me.
I use mine for parades in the summer time and this will be my first winter owning mine but I won't be driving it anytime soon (having knee surgery Monday).
Welcome aboard, and YES you do need to get one :twisted:

MV's in MN

We need to get an MV meet together this Summer. If we could find a place to trail ride that we be fantastic.

If you are looking for a truck-
We have quite a few M35's available right now in Owatonna, MN. We have one M35a3 and one M36a3 both showing right around 300 hours of use, 7 2006 rebuild year M818 tractors, M816 wrecker, M813's, M820, trailers, parts, lots of spare 900/1100 tires mounted, etc.

If you find a good M35 you won't be sorry about the purchase. I especially enjoy driving our trucks in the winter. We drove one M35 without a heater kit in -10 degree weather for a 4 hour drive home last winter-that was a treat!

Dan good luck with the knee surgery-

Andy

coolnick73

I am from SE Minnesota and I got my deuce this summer. I have driven quite a bit in the rain but not in the snow yet. I got mine from Andy and some of the benefits of buying private party is that you will get to test drive it and look it over much better than if you get one from GL, also you won't have to deal with the govt with EUC's and SF97's.

So far I have used mine for getting groceries (once just for fun), pulling out a half blown over tree, hauling firewood, pallets, etc, and helping to promote global warming (if anybody should want the temperatures to rise it is Minnesotans!) Mostly it is for fun, fun and the impending zombie apocalypse :wink:.

I agree that we should have a MN rally some time.

Nick

SuperiorRam

I have been seriously wanting a rally At he Gilbert ohv park lots of trails 38 bucks will get ya a two year pass it would be so awesome but I'm up for whatever as far as a get together

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love to drive my deuce around town, you get a lot of looks and it is a great conversation piece, one time it took me 30 minutes just to get into Fleet Farm after I parked! I do have some for sale too and Andy is a great guy to deal with also. If you are looking to buy one or just want to go for a cruise in one let me know. And ya we really need a Minnesota rally some time!

dittle

My truck is about to get another upgrade..... a winch. Been working on a friends Deuce that had no brakes. I've bled the truck 4 times during the process, replaced the master cylinder, adjusted the brakes, aired the tires, greased it all in return for a winch from a truck he is parting. The truck will now leave 10 black streaks on pavement :twisted:
Now to get past the recovery so we can have a get together. I should be recovered enough by April to do a rally so count me in.
Just looked at the map for Gilbert......my butt will be asleep by the time we get up there; might have to sleep at Scott's place on the way up :-D

SGTStewart

rex_1_mn,

Welcome and where in SW Minnesota do you hale from? You will have lots of fun after you get one. I like the parades and the kids (of all ages) that flock around the truck and they are a blast to drive. Bought mine back in May and I have just over 2000 mile put on her in that time. I am sure that someone here can help if you just ask. Good luck

cyberspace_7

Welcome REX! I'm down here in Albert Lea. I don't have a deuce ...yet. But I do have the M105 trailer (is that the cart before the horse?). My dad lives east of town and he has one. I love to drive it! We haven't had it out during the winter yet as he only bought it this year. I've read the stock tires stink in the winter and there are better aftermarket tires...just search it here and you will find what you are looking for! I'm also working on my 'Wife's Permission"...:wink: WELCOME!

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good afternoon folks, its a great pleasure to find others with similar interests concerning MVs, I picked up my First Deuce 3 weeks ago and have since put in a block heater, in cab heater and winter front, truck runs great, and I get a major kick out of driving it. I am from the Fargo ND area and would certainly be interested in joining you guys for a run up to wherever, its just a great excuse to drive our vehicles. Let me know if you will post any planned upcoming events and if its OK with you all I would like to participate
Karl

dittle

Agreed that we need to have a get together here in MN that is central as possible. Problem is who has the ground that we could do this on? Unfortunately I do not.

redcoat54th

Greetings Rex from the Albert Lea area. Got my deuce this fall and love it. Just was out in the snow and had a blast. Stock tires are not too bad through 3~4 drifts. Never knew they were there by the ride. Punched right through. Just if you do get stuck, its going to cost you unless you lnow someone with BIG iron. You can get collector plates but you will be limited as to what you can use the Deuce for etc. Hasn't stopped me yet from "learning to drive" the beast whenever I want.
Do your wife a vafor and by her a nice set of ear muffs (Deuce IS loud) and if you feeling lucky some camo undies. :oops:
I bought my Deuce from Andy in Owatonna. Very nice people and you can pick out the one you want and test it. All the best and welcome. Bob

Attachments

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good afternoon Andy I am foloowing up on this thread to see if any dates and times of a possible MN get together have been established, I asked a few weeks ago on the thread and recived no replies from anybody with updated news, I have myself and 3 others with MVs that are interested could you possibly bring me up to date on thei event please?
Thanks Andy
Karl

rrrr

We need to get an MV meet together this Summer. If we could find a place to trail ride that we be fantastic.

If you are looking for a truck-
We have quite a few M35's available right now in Owatonna, MN. We have one M35a3 and one M36a3 both showing right around 300 hours of use, 7 2006 rebuild year M818 tractors, M816 wrecker, M813's, M820, trailers, parts, lots of spare 900/1100 tires mounted, etc.

If you find a good M35 you won't be sorry about the purchase. I especially enjoy driving our trucks in the winter. We drove one M35 without a heater kit in -10 degree weather for a 4 hour drive home last winter-that was a treat!

Dan good luck with the knee surgery-

Andy

Andy is a great guy to deal with. Just got my Hemmt wheels and 395 tires from him a few days ago. He has some great equipment, especially an M813 that I just can't get out of my head :mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks