• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuces wild fire sale

Varyag

Junk, i am going to need a heater some bows and other stuff that you are willing to freight. I live in WA state but I have a ton of family pretty close to you (I am from N. VA). Do you still have all of this?

Scarecrow1

Ok the number one thing to piss off most MV Guys off is someone even talking about SCRAPPING these trucks to begin with . Junkyarddreams is offering to sell these off to anyone who may want to buy them, all I see I the comparison to scrap prices . I dont care what scrap cost because I don't buy it , how ever I would like to see a general price list of the trucks for sale that run, and are able to be titled . Its not likely I can afford it now but someone might save them from the scrap yard death

junkyarddreams

Junk, i am going to need a heater some bows and other stuff that you are willing to freight. I live in WA state but I have a ton of family pretty close to you (I am from N. VA). Do you still have all of this?

i can ship the heater haven't figured out how to ship the bows yet without taking them apart

junkyarddreams

Ok the number one thing to piss off most MV Guys off is someone even talking about SCRAPPING these trucks to begin with . Junkyarddreams is offering to sell these off to anyone who may want to buy them, all I see I the comparison to scrap prices . I dont care what scrap cost because I don't buy it , how ever I would like to see a general price list of the trucks for sale that run, and are able to be titled . Its not likely I can afford it now but someone might save them from the scrap yard death

i am selling running deuces w/o winches for 2800.00 w/winches 3500.00 andn i have 4 5-ton tractors w/winches i'm selling for 4000.00 they all run and can get title. is that what you were looking for. thanks

sandcobra164

First off, he's doing a favor, albeit, surely temporarily. Scrap prices are down and alot of people on this forum are used to getting running deuces for less than you could scrap the truck out on GL. The economy is down and scrap is getting less and less. It won't always be like that and when the scrap mill starts paying premium again, those trucks will likely go into the furnace. If you need something and have the coin to spare, go ahead and get it now.
Secondly, He's asking under $3,000 for a running Non Winch M35A2. I know it makes some of the flippers mad because they wanted to buy a Deuce from GL or Junkyard dreams for a grand and then sell it for that $3,000 or maybe more. You only pay that much for one if you intend to keep it.
Thirdly, the man is making a living moving scrap. He's likely got some inventory to fall back on even during these slow times. He's not going to let you talk him out of his job. Like many industries depending on the economy, he's likely seen the rises and falls and will hang on to his iron rather than just give it away.

I just paid GL $1045 for a Deuce but I plan on keeping my truck. Yes, it's a runner and I got it for cheap but of course, I had to put up with the hassle of buying from GL. Sure, I could turn around and turn the title over and make money but I bought the truck because I like it and wanted to get a good deal. I know some here would rather make money on them and if that is their motivation, more power to them. I'm here to collect.

bassetdeuce

Secondly, He's asking under $3,000 for a running Non Winch M35A2. I know it makes some of the flippers mad because they wanted to buy a Deuce from GL or Junkyard dreams for a grand and then sell it for that $3,000 or maybe more. You only pay that much for one if you intend to keep it.
This. You know whats funny? Nearly everyone I've talked to at the GL lots are just dumbfounded about the fact that we got these things to keep. No Ebay, no classifieds, no Craiglist. We are definately in the minority. I won't comment on the act of flipping. I will say this though, I would buy from a reputable dealer or someone I know (friend), before a flipper.

mikej

windshields

Hey junkyard , I wholly understand your phrase "another day in the life of a junkman " been doin it for alot of years I am in oregon , I need a windshield , a pair of windshields or just frames and hinges , gotta do this as cheap as possible but want to be fair to you to . thanks mike, you can contact me at
mjenezon at yahoo.com

junkyarddreams

hey fellas sorry i haven't been on for a while. been crazy around here at the yard sell car and truack parts deuce parts and sell junk. if you guys still need stuff shoot me and email or pm so i get a notification on my phone and i'll get back to you as soon as possible:-D

rtl434

I'm looking for a couple turbos with associated parts, a tool box, battery box, soft top with frame/bows and a hood. (All for a deuce) Can you give me prices if you have them ? Thanks.

roady

Thanks junkyarddreams. I got me a Deuce today and got it home. I will start a new thread and post some pics sometime tomorrow. He has lots of stuff there and a friendly crew there to assist.