• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diablo Build Update (pics)

gt1009

Just took a look at those nearly finished pics... AWESOME TRUCK! That is right up there with the "Trick My Truck" crowd. Good Luck finishing, and great job!

devilman96

Thanks for the compliments guys... Come to the meet Im hosting next month and crawl all over it... Id be happy to have some others look it over and get your thoughts and ideas on the project...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He just driving the crap out of it. He's up in Orlando setting up a trail ride this weekend. Check the Florida Roundup Thread

devilman96

Well last night was my first 230+ mile run with the beast... It was great! One snag (my own doing) I didn’t plumb my air lines for fording yet to the axles and I had crushed my rear vent while rebuilding the rear... so I got a nice little seal leak going!! Also have fluid coming up my speedo cable but I think a new adapter can/will fix that... It was doing this before I worked on it and I just forgot about the issue.

The seats... WORTH EVEY BIT OF TIME AND MONEY SPENT!!!! I cannot tell you how comfortable and quiet that thing is... It’s amazing! The sound system is the same... It really helps to keep your sanity trucking along at 60 mph for 4 hours straight.

I need to dip my tank and get some accurate measurements on fuel but I was running at 2500RPM 99% of the way... Temp and EGT would vary a bit pending my foot but over all they average was about 200/750.

Its nice finally getting to get some USE out of all of the work...

I will be prepping all day today and tomorrow for the rally / trail ride... I’m stuck with dial up here as I am in the sticks but I will try and get some pics posted as the weekend progresses. Thus far I believe were looking at 30-40 people, which should be a blast!!!

Artillerydan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will say I am in awe, absolute awe. WOW, WOH........ Amazing.....WOW

A couple things looked ?? like the postban AK but..... We all talk about modifying our trucks with this, or that, and a nice little upgrade here or there, but this was AMAZING. I just found this thread so I looked at it from end to end. WOW I am just beside myself in how this came out. Absolutely great work, truly excellent.

devilman96

Well... here is a beginning to another leg of the journey! I picked up my bed last night from Kenny whom has been kind enough to house it for ?????? TO MANY months now... Gives ya a good idea of how much shorter she got.

Any way... looks like I will be going back to getting dirty here in the next few days.

Attachments

devilman96

Im buying my wheels this week I think... tires are 395's. Putting that bed on there was like mounting a 1500 lb led turd on the back of the poor thing, I will be happy when its halved!

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
you could put a couple thousand punds of ballast in the back of the bed and do some wheelies before you cut it down. :driver:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Thats starting to look like one of the old time pickups! I'm sure it would dwarf them though. What did the dimentions end up being?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks