• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Did anyone buy one of the HMMWVs recently on sale?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The GP sales clearly state that the HMMWVs are being sold as "OFF ROAD" use only and will not come with SF-97s or titles.

Now if someone buys one and skirts the above stipulations, then let the chips fall where they may.

Also the fine print of any GP/GL sale says that the government can recall the item at any time and for any reason.

Here is a member that bought three from the Utah sale.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?134620-My-fleet

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have found that there are more than a couple of people that believe rules only apply to others, not them. It would be most interesting if some folks did skirt around these rules, got their HMMWV titled for road use and the Gov't used their posts here to take the unit back. For those that got them, congrats!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was an fleabay ad shortly after the first HMMWV sale. I contacted the poster about the "OFF ROAD" stipulation. His response was that that didn't apply and a title could be easily had. The ad was pull shortly after.

LOL...yeah...AM General has been crushing DLA's attempts to auction these off for years but you can title just about anything in the state I live in as long as it has light, blinkers. proper restraints, and can pass an operational and functionality test at them the local DMV which is basically confirming the VIN matches the Bill of Sale (Notorized) and that the vehicle's required systems are operational. We build sand rails (dune buggys) all the time and as long as we have the minimum required items on the vehicle, they will title and tag it. Each state is different but I have gone through this several times in my state (Florida).

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was an fleabay ad shortly after the first HMMWV sale. I contacted the poster about the "OFF ROAD" stipulation. His response was that that didn't apply and a title could be easily had. The ad was pull shortly after.
That ad was up probably before he sent the EUC in .

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's going to be another surge of people, who never considered getting one before but will now, as FoxNews.com just ran a story about a 2008 model with links to a certain auction site. I'm giving up on newer stuff and just going back to finding something I can restore like the M37.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's going to be another surge of people, who never considered getting one before but will now, as FoxNews.com just ran a story about a 2008 model with links to a certain auction site. I'm giving up on newer stuff and just going back to finding something I can restore like the M37.
I saw the same story and was going to post up. The sad part about the whole situation is that the Federal Government is creating a mess for the state governments by releasing these with a "Caveat" that is not really clearly understood by many. I had a few friends ping me about buying a cool hummer as soon as they saw the report, sadly I had to educate them. Now we are looking at thousands of these being bought and sold to buyers where a large percentage do not understand the "fine print"

Good news for people, there will be a ton of parts on the market within 10 months. Get your legal frames/tubs ready for rebuild.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sell more...then all the folks who bought high, and there is quite a few, will be hating life.
For the cost of a lot of these, I do 6.5 with 4l80e and 242 tcase for the same price, if not lower in some cases.
im more interested in some of the parts trucks...I see those declining in auction value first.
i have 3000 sqft shop full of parts ready and waiting.

I have a brand new titled truck in the shop that is less then what has sold....uhhhh, hope that wasn't a shameless plug.

I just got a cheap runner out of PA. I have almost enough spare parts on the shelf to make it complete. I am sure they will get a bit cheaper, but the bar has come WAY down sicne the 1st couple rounds.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today was cheap....going to drop below 10k in the next few rounds...or even round.
eastern trucks trucks look much nicer.....Barstow trucks look crappy.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah and no, I did not ban him. I can take being called a cupcake, just don't take them away from me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks