• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Did I just say that I would sell my 109?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have been asked if I would sell my 109. I have been thinking about it, but didn't think I ever WOULD. I can't believe I am thinking about this. I even set a price. Whats wrong with me?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I have been asked if I would sell my 109. I have been thinking about it, but didn't think I ever WOULD. I can't believe I am thinking about this. I even set a price. Whats wrong with me?[/quote
]

OK...calm down...:shock:

Maybe you were dreaming or sumpin. You DO remember that we will have a "back porch" trailer at the GA Rally this year?:-D

Remember....money comes and goes....quickly...but an M109 only gets better...when ya put some of that outgoing money into it!!:cookoo:

Attachments

gimpyrobb

As much as I don't want to, it is just sitting. I hate to see it neglected and it would be going to one of our members here. I have so much going on, I fear I will not get to do what I want with it. No, no new projects just don't want her to rot away.

Stan Leschert

Just one question? Are you going to park it on the campanion door, just like your avitar? If so, please let it go to a more loving home! Seriously, I can hardly wait to see the tread of your camper conversion. Good luck, and post soon!

gimpyrobb

I knew when I bought it I wouldn't take it off road. The only time it was close to off road was at Hammond's place in Ky and in the camp ground at Haspin. No flopping her on its side for this one.

:mrgreen:

tm america

i think you should hang on to it... Seems like you can use a shop van with the luck you have with the drop on its side truck. But if you must sell it make sure you price it high enough it won.t turn into a bobber and a shed?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
i think you should hang on to it... But if you must sell it make sure you price it high enough it won't turn into a bobber and a shed?
I agree...I have placed a value on each of my MVs....even the project and basket cases.

Bring a Million dollars per vehicle or stay the farkel out of the compound!!:-D

1stSarge

Ok, compelled to step up here.

For the sake of conversation,

Lets say, that the would be buyer would be financially challenged, and was looking for his first deuce to break into that side of the hobby.

And lets say, that, due to the afore mentioned financial challenge, the would be buyer’s fiancé will accept the addition of a 109 or 185 at this time, but not any other M44 until maybe later this year.

And lets say, the sale is entirely dependant on would be buyer selling a civy truck currently in his inventory, or there will be no funds available for said purchase. So it could be a while.

And lets say, that the would be buyer is an avid and faithful SS member.

And lets say, that Gimpy is only using his 109 as a storage shed at this time.

And lets say, while the would be buyer thinks that Gimpy’s price is a bit spicy, the buyer believes that Gimpy is really trying to help out another member/friend, and therefore finds his price acceptable.

And lets say, the would be buyer looks up to Gimpy in all of his wisdom and knowledge.

And lets say, the intended purpose for said 109 would be a camper for rally’s and events, and remaining original as possible on the exterior.

And lets say, if said 109 changes hands before the Georgia rally, that it would be available for Gimpy’s use for that event. If he does not wish this, it will probably be in a convoy right behind him.

And lets say, that should the would be buyer ever wish to sell said 109, then Gimpy would have first dibs.

In conclusion,
Based on what is written here, however compelling the facts may be, and to avoid being committed to any institution by fellow SS members, and to avoid any traumatic stress, and recognizing the friendship and sanity is far more valuable than the money, or the truck, my recommendation would be for you to keep it, and volunteer to help said would be buyer recover a 109 from an auction in the near future.[thumbzup]

zout

They sell those battery operated detectors for gaseous fumes for in your house - maybe you have an undected leak and it is effecting you while you are sleeping - halucinating.

Step out side and sit on the front porch for a while in the fresh air and this should help to clear your thoughts.

I would sell my M109 but I doubt anyone would pay the price - plus I would not want to hear their little bitches about this & that & something this and something that - it is what it is and this is the price.
But EH - I just bought my detectors last week and they are working fine. Of course it could just as well have been all the welding gas fumes.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did some of your gray matter drip out when you where on your side in the m35? If you sell it, you will turn around an hour later, and desperatly need a m109 for some purpose. I sold my m35, and as soon as I got home, needed to haul some stuff. 2cents