• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Do we have an official Bobbed Deuce picture thread? If not, here it is! Post em!

donkdonk

I've seen this asked a lot here, but never much in the way of replies ...

For those of you with a bobbed deuce - what differences do you see in driving compared to the stock deuce - i.e. speed, handling, braking, steering etc. ?

(Maybe there isn't much difference ?)

Speed: Stock 55mph Bobbed with 395's or 14.00's 65-75mph

Handling: It always sucks steering a deuce when sitting still. 3 point turns sometimes turn into 6 point turns, but a bobbed truck steers much better when driving. It is hard to describe, but it is just better.

Braking is better on the bobbed trucks because you lose 5k pounds.

Overall it just makes for a better driving truck. IMHO they look a million times better too... don't get me wrong, I love the look of a nice stock m35a2, and especially a singled truck with 395's, but the bobbed look is just a totally different truck.

50shooter

Variety for you...
I always thought of myself as preferring the OD, camo, tan type stuff but that actually looks cool in a different sort of way.

And yes my Avatar has a red one but it was first so it has a special place in my collection...until I sell it.

rwbrown72

robr.... Very cool. Did I see dual tanks? How did you cross feed them?

I just read your other post about the false tank. Even more neat stuff.....

jimharris

I'm currently reading through posts on this site, considering a deuce. I really like the look of the bobbed deuce with the dual tires in the rear. Is there an advantage to sticking with 2 tires on each side vs. the one tire?

Also, I see most of these have the open bed with maybe the canopy. Would it be a sin to have an enclosed bed like the m109 maybe? I'm sure it would have to be custom but the idea appeals to me. Would be nice to lock stuff up inside and not worry about someone opening or cutting the canopy.

Barneyszoo

Ok rob, your bobber is so over the top you can't play with us. Kidding! that is the nicest one i've seen. Just got an 813 and thinking about doing that one. But I think I'll use it to tow the bobber and do some 4 wheeling kinda like some people tow a YJ Jeep behind there motor home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks