• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Do we have an official Bobbed Deuce picture thread? If not, here it is! Post em!

tamangel

Long Bob deuce..

Has there been any discussion on , for lack of a better term, Long Bob deuce conversions..? I checked this whole thread and only saw one and i had another in my files from....somewhere...probably SS... sorry can't credit the owner..Is this a standard 12' deuce bed? What position is that rear axle in, stock front/back or new location? Any frame mods needed for this config..?
Feel free to post any thread links that talk about this already..
Thanks,

Mike W

Attachments

Last edited:

BEANBELLY

bobbed duece

just got my duece done month ago and love it. i waited two years to get it. looking for more like why people in my are. wenatchee wa. first time posting new at this

Attachments

phil2968

Nice looking truck Bean. The proportions are just right! I like duals on bobbers unless the tires are really big.
Look what I saw today! It's bobbed! The frame was shorted just but it did not lose an axle.

Attachments

BEANBELLY

thanks, i like the idea of the other axle. i think this winter in our shop doing a m109 camper truck. for elk hunting. just getting started. been wanting to do this for a long time. looks like ill be selling my rat rod. more like old school hot rod.

still looking for an answer on my Long Bob question above..

Thanks, Mike W
Well Mike, since the original deuce rear end setup is what's called a trunion/bogie assembly. The 2 rear axles are joined together front to rear with leaf springs on top and torque rods on the bottom. the leaf springs are hard mounted to a spindle called the trunion with roller bearings and an axle inside mounted to the frame between the front and rear drive axles. Since the weight of the truck rests on the leaf springs in the middle and the axles are under each end of the springs, you can't eliminate 1 axle without completely changing the suspension to a standard type single axle leaf spring setup. That being the case, you can place the axle anywhere it looks right in relation to the bed. In the case of a long bobber, you'd want the rear axle placed about 36 inches from the rear of the bed in my estimation. If you wanna do a bobber but you're willing to go the extra fabrication miles, get yourself another cab and chop off the firewall and cowl, then cut the rear off your truck's cab right behind the door frames, graft the 2 cabs together and use an M105 bed and place the axle according to the fenders on the trailer bed. This has been done many times and looks truly awsome especially on some 46" Michelin XML Radials! Here's an example built by C&C Equipment in Unionville, Indiana. They sell this truck for $65,000.

Attachments

sickmoparfreak

Not criticizing, just asking: On the explicit custom bobber with dual tandems; If he climbs a steep hill, will it run out of drive shaft slip on the rear drive shaft? That walking beam rear will drop WAY down....I'm asking because I really would consider building one. Maybe a long slip, and a CV joint would fix it? Limiting straps? Thoughts?:?:

AZdeuce5t

My First Duece and its BOBBED!

Hey guys, I'm new here, Name is Jordan.

i recently bought my first M35A2 from TitaniumSoldier out of Cali and brought her back to Phoenix AZ. so far i have lots of fun driving and working on the truck, all around its been Great Fun. besides driving the 500 miles from Cali back to phoenix i have put about 1000 miles on her trouble free! I've taken her to a few local car shows and even out to the mud bogs and had a great time. this truck sure is an attention magnet! as far as attention goes i didn't know what i was getting myself into. i cant drive that truck anywhere with out planning at least 15 mins extra time to talk to people about here, but i love it! heres a few pictures. ENJOY!!

Attachments

72 Bobbed, daily driver in North Dakota oil fields

I picked this Bobbed Deuce from George Foster, over in IA. I had the CBC shipped to him and he was kind enough to have it installed for me. Since then, new rims from av8or. Rubber horse stall mats in the back of the CBC. Installed 24v-120ac inverter, 24v-12v converters. Added winch, replaced ALL lights with LEDs, Purchased new windshields, window regulators, installed muffler [BEST THING I EVER DID]. Installed hitch... more pics in my albums

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks