• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does anyone know what this is used for ??????

MtnSnow

Can I piggy back on this thread..... I found a bunch of these in my side tool box and I have no idea what they are for...Can you help?

I couldn't find any part number stampings

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ST-910...looks newer and in better shape than the one at work. I would bet your next paycheck, that is a liner driver for the C series engines.

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
mount a board on top of the drop sides. My truck came with them attached. Keeps the sides from folding down and it matched the height of the back and from bed with the board attached.

MtnSnow

mount a board on top of the drop sides. My truck came with them attached. Keeps the sides from folding down and it matched the height of the back and from bed with the board attached.
by chance do you have a picture of them in use or how they were attached....I'm having a hard time envisioning in my minds eye..

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HarleyBoy, if the outside dimensions of the rear flange is right at 140 mm (could be 136mm if earlier version) then the device could be a seal driver for the output seal for the portal gearbox of a SEE excavator, 419 Unimog, as used by the Marines.

I would like to get this driver unless it proves to be a liner driver as suggested by WillWagner.

Bob

Last edited:

harleyboy1

HarleyBoy, if the outside dimensions of the rear flange is right at 140 mm (could be 136mm if earlier version) then the device could be a seal driver for the output seal for the portal gearbox of a SEE excavator, 419 Unimog, as used by the Marines.

I would like to get this driver unless it proves to be a liner driver as suggested by WillWagner.

Bob
The outside measurement is 165mm.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The outside measurement is 165mm.
How 'bout that. I got to thinking in my sleep last night that the 140 mm (from memory) is inside diameter. So I went out and measured a spare seal this morning and it is 140 x 165 x 9.5/12.

165mm!!

That 165 mm OD is too much of a coincidence. If this is not a outer seal driver for a Freightliner SEE FL-419 then it would certainly work for one, right down to the mm.

The inner diameter cylinder could possibly fit the input seal for the same portal hub. I don't have one of those seals handy to measure but it looks about right (4-1/2" in your picture).

Do I get the prize? :)

Bob

Last edited:

harleyboy1

Just got seal driver and a surprise driver as a bonus boxed up. Will take to post office in the morning. Hope you can use both tools.

Thanks, Art 386-867-0952

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks