• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does Gl charge before the EUC comes back?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They used to require payment when the EUC cleared. They changed it so that you have to pay within 72 hours, I believe, of winning the auction. Sucks, I know, to have to pay for an item when you can't take possession of it for many days and most likely several weeks.

Ruppster

Member of questionable origins
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can probably thank the people that didn't have the funds to pay for the item after the EUC cleared. So they may have gotten tired of doing EUC's for nothing. If that is why they changed the rules I don't blame them.

But that's just my 2cents. :)

Ruppster

mistaken1

You can probably thank the people that didn't have the funds to pay for the item after the EUC cleared. So they may have gotten tired of doing EUC's for nothing. If that is why they changed the rules I don't blame them.

But that's just my 2cents. :)

Ruppster

..... that or they get a case of buyers remorse 30 days or so into the EUC wait.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm pretty sure they charged my CC before they even sent an email telling me I won. I know it was pretty close.

91W350

Yep! It is frustrating to have a truck you paid for sitting there. It has been 72 days since my EUC went in and 75 days since I paid for my truck, now the EUC cleared and I have ten days to pick it up. Ten days sounds like a long time, but it can only be done on Tuesday or Thursday. I will miss tomorrow, so I have to do it next week or lose 25 percent. I understand you can ask for an extension. This storm is not making for ideal travel. Glen

Bighurt

I'm pretty sure they charged my CC before they even sent an email telling me I won. I know it was pretty close.
They charge within 24hrs most often you've paid before being awarded. You can pay via other method you just need to call, or online chat with them and tell them you used a CC to back the bid but would prefer to pay for the win with a cashiers check or whatever you have in mind.

I personally prefer the check when the winning bid is over $1000.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Ten days sounds like a long time, but it can only be done on Tuesday or Thursday
You have ten "working days"....if they are only at a site two days a week you have 5 weeks.

That is my thought....most of the time the GL rep will work with you and try to work out a pickup date that both of you can live with.

If you go in with a good attitude they will help you...go in like an a-hole you can expect to get treated as such.

I have never had to default on a sale because I coundn't get there in my allotted time and I have bought over 50 trucks, trailers and assorted items from GL.

If there is a fellow member close that can pick it up and hold it for you all you have to do is fax a copy of your invoice and a Pickup Authorization form to the GL rep. Your agent will pick it up and that allows you to go get it when it is convienient for you.

I used to do this for folks and charged a reasonable fee for it since Redstone is two hours away for me.

There are alternative methods for removing the pelt of the feline mammal.:)

91W350

I was wrong, he is there Tuesday and Wednesday. Next Tuesday into Wednesday is supposed to be a lot warmer. I am going to try to schedule it for next week. I wondered about the non-available days applying. Anyway, I am looking forward to the journey. My M1008 is carrying a lot more deuce related stuff than it ever has CUCV right now. I need to get over to borrow the tow bar... I have the next two off, tomorrow I have a generator set to pick up at Riley for a KC member. My appointment is at 0800.... supposed to be brrrrrr tonight. It was -6 this morning and the M1008 started, only supposed to be 5 above tomorrow morning, we should be good. Glen

phil2968

From the GL terms and conditions page,

FORMS OF PAYMENT: Acceptable forms of payment include PayPal™, VISA™, MasterCard™, American Express™, cashier's check, money order, wire transfer and company check with a bank letter of guarantee.
  1. You must make payment in full within 3 business days of the invoice date. The date of the invoice is not counted as the first day for purposes of calculating the payment deadline. There will be no extensions of the payment period granted.
  2. At the time a credit card is entered online, it is validated via a charge to the card of up to $1.00, which is credited back to the card within seven (7) calendar days after the credit card validation process has completed. The name and address on the user account must match the name and address of the credit card used for the purchase or the charge may be rejected, which will result in a default of the sale. Credit cards submitted online will automatically be charged the full amount of your purchase (including buyer's premium and taxes) the next business day after the sale closes, unless otherwise noted on our website and unless you contact us prior to the close of the sale. Credit cards will not be accepted for any invoice in excess of $25,000; customers must submit payment via certified funds (i.e., wire transfer, cashier's check). No charges will be made to the credit card until the sales event has been closed and a successful bidder has been determined.

OldDominionIron2

They used to require payment when the EUC cleared. They changed it so that you have to pay within 72 hours, I believe, of winning the auction. Sucks, I know, to have to pay for an item when you can't take possession of it for many days and most likely several weeks.
or several months.

maxxplanck

I won 2 M105A2 trailers out of Lansing last week Thursday, filled out my E.U.C. today ( Sunday ) and sent it off. So once I find out that my E.U.C. has cleard do they email me a date or call me with the pick-up dates and time frame ? And does everyone that won the bids at Lansing on the M105A2 have the same pick-up time frame and dates or is everyone different because of there E,U,C, time frame ? It hard to pay for something a not have it right away.:-(

Bighurt

I won 2 M105A2 trailers out of Lansing last week Thursday, filled out my E.U.C. today ( Sunday ) and sent it off. So once I find out that my E.U.C. has cleard do they email me a date or call me with the pick-up dates and time frame ? And does everyone that won the bids at Lansing on the M105A2 have the same pick-up time frame and dates or is everyone different because of there E,U,C, time frame ? It hard to pay for something a not have it right away.:-(
You have 10 workdays from the time they notify you not to include the day of notification.

All you receive is a email with paid in full invoice...that's it.

Everyones maybe different based on the EUC process, and it's the responsibility of the buyer to call the lot manager and schedule pick-up.

Nonotagain

You have 10 workdays from the time they notify you not to include the day of notification.

All you receive is a email with paid in full invoice...that's it.

Everyones maybe different based on the EUC process, and it's the responsibility of the buyer to call the lot manager and schedule pick-up.
I'm not so sure about the portion in red, but the last three items I purchased requiring an EUC, I received a message from both corporate GL as well as one from the site manager informing me of thier days of operation and to please call to schedule an appointment. YRMV.