• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does this look weak or am I just over-reacting

Uzaree

I am not a fan of lift blocks period. I've seen solid lift blocks break in half. Build the suspension right the first time.

Here is the saying I have around the shop.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when will you have time to do it right the second time!?!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
On the rear, I'd simply box in the "blocks". I'd also add some gusseting to it. The front needs the blocks removed and different springs installed.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It sure is weak! No lateral support. Had the ends been filled in, even with as light as 1/4" material, Boxed, and welded up, it would have been OK. The way it is, is a wreck waiting to happem!

rattlecan6104

I am not a fan of lift blocks period. I've seen solid lift blocks break in half. Build the suspension right the first time.

Here is the saying I have around the shop.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when will you have time to do it right the second time!?!
I have learned this myself on a trail rig. I was never dumb enough to use blocks though, I dont see the point in them, they do no good for suspension performance, in fact, they add axle wrap, all for a little extra lift. Drop shackles make much more sense.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Blocks on the back can get you by although it's not something I'd do. Blocks on the front are a big problem and are illegal. The biggest problem I see with the back is the spring mounts look to be welded and undersized bolts.

I like the "custom" exhaust also.

Of all the bobbers I've seen there's only a handful that looked safe with good workmanship. It seems people think they can go out and buy a mig welder, find some scrap steel, and bob a deuce. If you buy any truck with modified suspension you need to look it over with a fine toothed comb. Even if you see just a small problem run away. Chances are that if they have even a small flaw in their setup they don't have a clue about what they are doing and the whole mod is junk. Always keep in mind that a good looking weld can be complete junk also. I would be very cautious buying any modded truck if it didn't come out of a well know reputable shop.

willey10

Just more proof why state approved inspections are valuable, but not fool proof. It doesn't help the poor unknowing soul who buys it,or the innocent ones who might get hurt from it.