• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dot 5 Brake and Clutch Fluid - Hard to find

peakbagger

Note sure if its just a local thing, but during my annual "start the SEE after the winter" routine my clutch reservoir was nearly empty (as usual). I went to refill it and ran out. I stopped by the local car place and it was backordered and had been for awhile. I went on Amazon and ordered the last one of their lowest cost plus they were out of stock for a couple of the lowest cost alternatives. I have seen this before and it usually means the market may be "tight" for this product. Not sure where it goes over the winter but then again I have leaky dipper cylinder that also tends to leak over the winter. Once filled its fine for the season.

BTW as usual , the fuel system lost prime over the winter. I didnt even try to turn it over, I just pumped the primer about 50 times and felt the pressure on it increase until I heard the injector pump fuel pressure relief release. I then cranked it over and it started up at low idle stumbling a bit. I then pumped it about 20 times more and it started running well. If its like past years it will start instantly until I park it next fall.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have several gallons of DOT 5 I purchased on Ebay for a cheap price. When I see it advertised with a low price, I buy it. My local auto parts stores all carry DOT 5 in stock, but the price is very high.

peakbagger

I got i the habit over the years of buying brake fluid in small containers as it as hydroscopic. I dont think DOT 5 is so I picked up a gallon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks