• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DOT 5

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought 2 gallons of it from Don Bagwell.
www.sprucemtsurplus.com
Warrensburg NY
518-623-9986

Don't forget your blinker fluid! :wink:

hobie237

My local AutoZone, Advance Auto Parts, NAPA and CarQuest all carry it in various sizes, up to about a quart. Haven't checked Pep Boys.

sprucemt

Re: RE: DOT 5

hobie237 said:
My local AutoZone, Advance Auto Parts, NAPA and CarQuest all carry it in various sizes, up to about a quart. Haven't checked Pep Boys.
Check your prices before buying from a retail store.

hobie237

RE: Re: RE: DOT 5

Sure, it's more expensive, but when I decide to bleed the brakes or whatever on a Saturday morning, I don't have the time to sit around waiting for something to show up, I can just go out and buy it. Sure, it's cheaper to order it, especially for large amounts, but I just wanted to make the point that DOT5 isn't exactly hard to come by. Less common than 3/4, but still readily available.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: DOT 5

Don at Spruce Mountain is a great guy to deal with - not only does he have a screaming deal on the DOT 5, but I was able to pick up a 5-gallon pail of 90-weight elbow grease for $20, and a NOS carton of 400 feet of flight line for $9.95. You just can't find deals like that anywhere!

Go ahead, try to!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: RE: DOT 5

hobie237 said:
Sure, it's more expensive, but when I decide to bleed the brakes or whatever on a Saturday morning, I don't have the time to sit around waiting for something to show up, I can just go out and buy it. Sure, it's cheaper to order it, especially for large amounts, but I just wanted to make the point that DOT5 isn't exactly hard to come by. Less common than 3/4, but still readily available.
I can't afford to wait for a gallon of BFS to come in either, thats why I always have at least one sealed gallon on hand + whats in the bleeder. I don't plan on having brake problems but I plan for brake problems. Every road trip requires the power bleeder in my opinion. I do get your point Hobie237, folks need to know it's available in a pinch.

comdiver

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: DOT 5

Don just got my order for the fluid and OD Iron got another order for some parts that I needed. Good to buy from our family!