• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DOT 5

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought 2 gallons of it from Don Bagwell.
www.sprucemtsurplus.com
Warrensburg NY
518-623-9986

Don't forget your blinker fluid! :wink:

hobie237

My local AutoZone, Advance Auto Parts, NAPA and CarQuest all carry it in various sizes, up to about a quart. Haven't checked Pep Boys.

sprucemt

Re: RE: DOT 5

hobie237 said:
My local AutoZone, Advance Auto Parts, NAPA and CarQuest all carry it in various sizes, up to about a quart. Haven't checked Pep Boys.
Check your prices before buying from a retail store.

hobie237

RE: Re: RE: DOT 5

Sure, it's more expensive, but when I decide to bleed the brakes or whatever on a Saturday morning, I don't have the time to sit around waiting for something to show up, I can just go out and buy it. Sure, it's cheaper to order it, especially for large amounts, but I just wanted to make the point that DOT5 isn't exactly hard to come by. Less common than 3/4, but still readily available.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: DOT 5

Don at Spruce Mountain is a great guy to deal with - not only does he have a screaming deal on the DOT 5, but I was able to pick up a 5-gallon pail of 90-weight elbow grease for $20, and a NOS carton of 400 feet of flight line for $9.95. You just can't find deals like that anywhere!

Go ahead, try to!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: RE: DOT 5

hobie237 said:
Sure, it's more expensive, but when I decide to bleed the brakes or whatever on a Saturday morning, I don't have the time to sit around waiting for something to show up, I can just go out and buy it. Sure, it's cheaper to order it, especially for large amounts, but I just wanted to make the point that DOT5 isn't exactly hard to come by. Less common than 3/4, but still readily available.
I can't afford to wait for a gallon of BFS to come in either, thats why I always have at least one sealed gallon on hand + whats in the bleeder. I don't plan on having brake problems but I plan for brake problems. Every road trip requires the power bleeder in my opinion. I do get your point Hobie237, folks need to know it's available in a pinch.

comdiver

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: DOT 5

Don just got my order for the fluid and OD Iron got another order for some parts that I needed. Good to buy from our family!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks