• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Double Deuce crew cab

UpstateNYer

What did you wind up doing for the driveshaft? Did it need a carrier bearing? Any pics?

Nevermind, I found it on page 13.

Last edited:

UpstateNYer

I got some pics from the build, but they are hard to see, so here is one. Yes I did have to put a carrier bearing in it, it was like 97" long. It worked very well and was very smooth.
So the rear axle wound up being 20" back from where the stock front duals, basically half way between the 2 axles?

AN/ARC186

Well guys, truck just left for Texas a couple of hours ago. The new owner is very happy, he is driving it home. I wanted to drive it some more at least for the summer, but I couldn't pass on the offer. Hopefully I can build another one someday. :-D

How about a Tri cab for DC Coyote and MouseGirls upcoming nuptials??

ccequipment

So the rear axle wound up being 20" back from where the stock front duals, basically half way between the 2 axles?
Yes if I remeber right the center of the new axel was about 2" longer then the center of the duals.
As for the 6 door, now you have got me thinking.
I am pulling a donor cab out today for my next build.

ccequipment

Lets see some pics, I have just pulled in another truck in the shop for a crew cab build. I was thinking of doing an A3, but just couldn't do it. That front end just says :cry: on the A3. Maybey somday I will get used to it. Anyway, Got a nice clean A2. It has a brand new Herclules engine and transmission. I am just trying to squeeze it in during my other builds for customers so we will see how it goes. I will try to get a few pics of it along the way.

ccequipment

I have had many 5 tons, and feel it is overkill to me for this purpose, and by law you have to have a cdl to drive a 5 ton, I have a class A cdl, but alot of my buyers don't have cdl's, and don't need to be rolling around in a 20,000lb truck for joy rides. Don't get me wrong a 5 ton has its place if you need the extra capacity to haul things and some sweet power steering, but for this build I am stick with a 2.5 ton. Check out the sites below to see a 5 ton 814 that I finshed and put a 16' dump bed on, the perfect truck for hauling some weight.

airmech3839

Ever thought of using a M36 and just putting a standard M35 bed on it after you put a crew cab on??? I am not too fond of the 105 beds and was thinking that would be a way of keeping it more like a deuce and it would almost look stock that way.... Just a thought...maybe not enough room or too much weight....

tracy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks