• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Double Towing?

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I doubt that GL would touch a private vehicle.
UM, they sure like to forklift a 105 or shove a deuce onto a trailer with the forks in the radiator, and we have the bill of sale in our hands so...

that makes them private vehicles.

BUT, I agree, I doubt they would do that to such a nice car, or maybe some of the worst forklift drivers would LOVE to, as they seem to like bending driveshafts and causeing body damage to some nice looking deuces and CUCVs...

I had to pick up a MEP-004 on a M200 trailer and a M105 from Richmond. I concidered mounting a pintle to the back of the M200. The very first time I went to Aberdeen, I saw AMGeneral do that, but the M200 was empty.

I have towed trailers that have gotten squirrelly. No fun at all, definitly a pucker factor 10...

nhdiesel

Wouldn't the car have to go in engine first to have the weight distributed properly? i towed a pickup once with the weight wrong and got a real surprise.
If it was a lighter vehicle doing the towing, yes. But I don't think a Deuce would care much about a couple hundred pounds being off. Worse case throw a few cement blocks in the front of the trailer.

Hey, I'm not saying its a perfect idea...but it should work. Otherwise make sure the Scion is insured and have an "accident" with it while out there...let the insurance company pay for the "rental" of the Deuce to get him home... :grd:

Jim

eddiec

it can be done, no question asked. I have towed a semi haulling two trailers before. Only had to go around 3 hundred miles, but no problems.
But i would still put the car in the trailer, or have someone ride up with you and they could drive the car back.

NEIOWA

I've pulled two M720 dollys (no boxes) behind a crewcab chevy. Twice (4 dollys). What a wiggling mess. Short WB/lots of pivots. Max 25mph so backroads for 150mi and wasJuly 90+F in Wi/IA, no AC.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks