• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Drash/ HDT Fun

Poccur

I have a all the Hvac tools and the R407c to put back in it. but Just going to see how much hassle all of this is. Also with this being Winter its not enough ambiant heat outside to really get the moisture out. Edit. just realized the Compressor has had a hole drilled in it as well, so i guess i will end this thread and probably scrap everything but the generator. Thanks for all the replys
Well you should change the filter dryer for sure if it lost charge, but the hole in the compressor could be patch welded...pull a vacuum on it and see what you have, if it holds...then put a Nitrogen charge in and see if it holds.....then, then start to think about putting some 407c in...

NEIOWA

So This Whole thing has kinda gone south. After finding the hole in the Condenser Unit i was informed by my coworkers who are HVAC TEch that this unit is not going to be worth fixing due to Moisture from being open to the atmosphere. They said i could charge it and probably run it for a while but that oil would be contaminated with water and create acid. so at this point the Generator may come off the trailer and scrap the rest. We shall see what i decide to do.
Did these HVAC Techs then offer to than the whole sad thing off your hands for trivial payment?

NEIOWA

Any creative advice for repair of broken heater elements? Several broken from the outlet cover flapping in the wind.

jamawieb

I have a all the Hvac tools and the R407c to put back in it. but Just going to see how much hassle all of this is. Also with this being Winter its not enough ambiant heat outside to really get the moisture out. Edit. just realized the Compressor has had a hole drilled in it as well, so i guess i will end this thread and probably scrap everything but the generator. Thanks for all the replys
So I bought 3 units with the same issue. They actually drill a hole in the radiator coil for the auxiliary coolant heat in front of the condenser. This drains all the coolant out of the system. I actually used solder for that fix because its not pressured like an AC system. They drilled a hole in the same area on all mine. I replaced the compressor on the 1st unit but the rest I welded them up. All have run for over a year and they have around 500-1000 hours on them. Dont give up.

TheDrashStash

do you have a nsn and any experience if you buy them from GP if they drill holes in all the HVAC units before sale
I have maybe 20+ Nordic air ECUs and none of them have been drilled like yours have. Most have been drained and some had their service ports left open. I just vac them out and fill, and they function 75% of the time. Meaning 1 of 4 have some sort of issue that's not worth fixing. Mine are r22 but the newer ones are 407c.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks