• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Driveway paint job finished

Chief_919

All in all, not bad. But I did learn that the tractor supply hardener and Majic brand flat tan paint are not compatable- I waited the 30 minutes before painting it suggested and was getting large platters as it was already setting. I drove on anyway, and the paint is rough and very orange peeled, but all in all it is on there and looking 100% better than it did before!

I will follow up with a second coat in a month or so with no hardener to level things out some I think.

Attachments

Disciple

How Many hours you figure you had into the project? I'm considering doing this soon. I need to do a base color similar to yours or OD then going digital camo over that.

Chief_919

How Many hours you figure you had into the project? I'm considering doing this soon. I need to do a base color similar to yours or OD then going digital camo over that.
About 3 hours to prep, about 2 to mix, spray and clean up.

It was a quick and dirty job, I could have done a lot more with more time, but it looks a damm sight better than it did before.

Disciple

I'm impressed. I was envisioning an entire weekend of long hours just to get it prepped and sprayed with the first coat. You're giving me a little more confidence to pull this off myself. I was seriously considering paying a body guy on the side to do this for me then I could come behind with my digital stencils I made and start adding layers and other colors.