• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Driveway paint job finished

Chief_919

All in all, not bad. But I did learn that the tractor supply hardener and Majic brand flat tan paint are not compatable- I waited the 30 minutes before painting it suggested and was getting large platters as it was already setting. I drove on anyway, and the paint is rough and very orange peeled, but all in all it is on there and looking 100% better than it did before!

I will follow up with a second coat in a month or so with no hardener to level things out some I think.

Attachments

Disciple

How Many hours you figure you had into the project? I'm considering doing this soon. I need to do a base color similar to yours or OD then going digital camo over that.

Chief_919

How Many hours you figure you had into the project? I'm considering doing this soon. I need to do a base color similar to yours or OD then going digital camo over that.
About 3 hours to prep, about 2 to mix, spray and clean up.

It was a quick and dirty job, I could have done a lot more with more time, but it looks a damm sight better than it did before.

Disciple

I'm impressed. I was envisioning an entire weekend of long hours just to get it prepped and sprayed with the first coat. You're giving me a little more confidence to pull this off myself. I was seriously considering paying a body guy on the side to do this for me then I could come behind with my digital stencils I made and start adding layers and other colors.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks