• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Driving my M1009 cross country

Cleptomaniac

Not amazing :p but a little better than 15mpg on this trip. I would like to get a different tranny in it so it would have a OD but then I think I would kneed a turbo.... So I guess I'll have to work on that.
I am running 35-12.5 mud tires. Am thinking about finding some 18" or 20" rims tha I can put street tires on for the summer to help with the fuel mileage. Still love driving her!!:cookoo:

Cleptomaniac

Well I'm still in Evansville IN. This past Sunday we decided to go wheeling! Found a cool place about 30 min away. Had a blast met some cool people and got the CUCV a little dirty. Here are a few pictures.

Attachments

Cleptomaniac

Had a good long weekend. Now back to work :( put shocks all the way around the beast and new sway bar bushings. Much better! We are towing it up this time the family is going with. So 65mph behind the Expedition. Flat tow.

skidder

Hay Cleptomaniac, you know they make stanless tuned headers for the 6.2 there is a co. in calf. a little pricey but they will giveya the power 12 hp less than the banktubro kit thats what they told me yrs. back when i wanted to put them on my K30 4x4 dump

Cleptomaniac

Skidder thanks for the idea. I have been looking online and have not been able to find much info about these. Found who makes them, called and they were not much help! They said they have them and their about 600$. No idea of the hp gains or any thing. Just said yea they will help :)
If anyone had used them some info would be greatly apreciated!
Danny

Cleptomaniac

On the way home for a few hours. Then on to DFW tomorrow! We flat towed the 1009 to STL then I drove it to Springfield MO. The Expedition won't tow it to well threw the hills. Now back to towing it.

Saw a 1009 from Utah towing a car on a dolly. Was a good looking truck! Wish I had gotten a pic. But we are on a tight schedule. Think that was just west of STL somewhere.

Cleptomaniac

Well it is back on the road for me! To St Louis MO this time!! The 1009 has been running great! She got new front brakes and braided stainless steel brake lines after the last trip :) We will see what she gets after this one.

Cleptomaniac

Had a good trip to STL and everything went great. Made it to the shop and was going to the room and the starter was grinding! Crawled under and was missing a starter bolt :( oh well could be worse....

Cleptomaniac

Fixed the starter and worked in STL for 2 weeks. Spent the weekend in Troy MO with a friend. Now im in Chicago for a while! On the way I ran in to member rrr and got to see his very cool 5 ton with a moded deuce bed on it! Here are a couple pictures. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337005087.282555.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1337005147.733853.jpg

IdahoPlowboy

Hay Cleptomaniac, you know they make stanless tuned headers for the 6.2 there is a co. in calf. a little pricey but they will giveya the power 12 hp less than the banktubro kit thats what they told me yrs. back when i wanted to put them on my K30 4x4 dump
I dont know about the company from CA. but I know that Stans Headers from Auburn Washington has 6.2 header.

Cleptomaniac

Yea I talked to them and they could not give me any performance numbers on theirs. They just kept saying "we did it on a lot of fords and they work great! Should get the same out of a Chevy"
Not really what I was hoping for. Not for 800$ ish!!