• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Driving ?

ATC

I don't think so-see my comparisons below

No argument there, except most people don't drive their deuces enough to do more than one oil change a year, whereas my $30 oil changes in my F-150 are happening 6 times a year.
Like you said, it depends on how much you drive it. I drive mine 2-3 times a week, I live in the hills/mountains, and I make "short" trips.

I just bought 4 new Michelin LT tires for my D250 and it cost more than 10 new NDT 9:00x20's w/tubes and flaps I bought for my dumper. Would have been even worse if I had a dually.
This is probably my fault for not elaborating, but radials have spoiled me, so I was implying them. I want to single mine out and run 1100x20 Michelins though.

Just bought a brand new short style on eBay for $152.50. Brand spanking new with the tag still on it from 2009. I am pretty sure if the power brake booster on my D250 or F150 goes it will be more than $152.50.
$566
https://polaris.lunasecure.com/MemphisEquipment/ViewPart.aspx?id=10000259

$300 rebuilt
M35A2, M35 Military Truck Series Parts - TNJMurray

Not everyone can find deals. I sure as heck can't.

The only thing I have seen that goes bad on these is pinion bearings and seals, which can both be had on the cheap on ebay.
Tell me about it...I just added a half gallon of lube to the rear axle today...

Most I have ever paid for 12 NOS shoes (complete-not just the linings) was $170 shipped. I bought another complete 12 shoe set for $140-shipped. I did brakes on my F-150 right before the Ga Rally last year and the pads from my local dealer were almost $300.
Your dealer must have been on crack. I paid $150 for pads AND rotors for my F150 (when I owned it).
For a Deuce, (I don't know where you are getting your parts), but the cheapest I have seen on the parts sites is $48/pr. So $100 per axle just for shoes.

I just got a brand new clutch for the 460 in my F150 for $180 (price includes turning the flywheel ($30)

Last set of 440 heads I bought cost me $1500. I've bought running deuces for less than that and driven them home from GL.

Last (Mopar passenger car) Dana60 I had, I sold for over $2200.
You're also comparing a relatively rare car and engine with specific parts and pieces. I can get dozens of heads for small block Fords and Chebbies for $100/pr.
A Deuce, for the most part, is all universal between brands, years, and models.

The paint job on my Hemi Road Runner cost me over $10K and that was several years ago and I took it to them more or less ready to paint (already stripped, metalwork 90% done, etc).
Sounds like personal preference. You coulda got a $299 Maaco special :p :cookoo:

(on another note, you got any pics of your RR? It sounds pretty mean!)

So when you say it's an expensive vehicle to own, I say, in comparison to what? A schwinn? Heck, even golf carts are more expensive.
In comparison to a "normal" car/truck that you can buy at any normal new/used car dealership.

JMHO :beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks