• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Driving ?

ATC

I don't think so-see my comparisons below

No argument there, except most people don't drive their deuces enough to do more than one oil change a year, whereas my $30 oil changes in my F-150 are happening 6 times a year.
Like you said, it depends on how much you drive it. I drive mine 2-3 times a week, I live in the hills/mountains, and I make "short" trips.

I just bought 4 new Michelin LT tires for my D250 and it cost more than 10 new NDT 9:00x20's w/tubes and flaps I bought for my dumper. Would have been even worse if I had a dually.
This is probably my fault for not elaborating, but radials have spoiled me, so I was implying them. I want to single mine out and run 1100x20 Michelins though.

Just bought a brand new short style on eBay for $152.50. Brand spanking new with the tag still on it from 2009. I am pretty sure if the power brake booster on my D250 or F150 goes it will be more than $152.50.
$566
https://polaris.lunasecure.com/MemphisEquipment/ViewPart.aspx?id=10000259

$300 rebuilt
M35A2, M35 Military Truck Series Parts - TNJMurray

Not everyone can find deals. I sure as heck can't.

The only thing I have seen that goes bad on these is pinion bearings and seals, which can both be had on the cheap on ebay.
Tell me about it...I just added a half gallon of lube to the rear axle today...

Most I have ever paid for 12 NOS shoes (complete-not just the linings) was $170 shipped. I bought another complete 12 shoe set for $140-shipped. I did brakes on my F-150 right before the Ga Rally last year and the pads from my local dealer were almost $300.
Your dealer must have been on crack. I paid $150 for pads AND rotors for my F150 (when I owned it).
For a Deuce, (I don't know where you are getting your parts), but the cheapest I have seen on the parts sites is $48/pr. So $100 per axle just for shoes.

I just got a brand new clutch for the 460 in my F150 for $180 (price includes turning the flywheel ($30)

Last set of 440 heads I bought cost me $1500. I've bought running deuces for less than that and driven them home from GL.

Last (Mopar passenger car) Dana60 I had, I sold for over $2200.
You're also comparing a relatively rare car and engine with specific parts and pieces. I can get dozens of heads for small block Fords and Chebbies for $100/pr.
A Deuce, for the most part, is all universal between brands, years, and models.

The paint job on my Hemi Road Runner cost me over $10K and that was several years ago and I took it to them more or less ready to paint (already stripped, metalwork 90% done, etc).
Sounds like personal preference. You coulda got a $299 Maaco special :p :cookoo:

(on another note, you got any pics of your RR? It sounds pretty mean!)

So when you say it's an expensive vehicle to own, I say, in comparison to what? A schwinn? Heck, even golf carts are more expensive.
In comparison to a "normal" car/truck that you can buy at any normal new/used car dealership.

JMHO :beer: